Which ships have hammocks?

Minda626

My sister took me on my first cruise in December 2016 on Empress of the Seas, and I loved lounging on these hammocks and reading. I went on my second cruise last July on Mariner, and was (mildly) disappointed to find no hammocks. Don't worry, my trip wasn't ruined! That said, as we plan my next cruise, I'm curious, which ships, if any, still have hammocks. Can anyone fill me in?? 

FB_IMG_1545007336683.jpg

OP, welcome to CC.

That kind of hammock is an Empress only thing I think. If you were on Mariner this July you would have seen this by the Skypad - I think there might be something functionally close to a hammock there:

Image result for mariner of the seas

Edited by Biker19

44 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

OP, welcome to CC.

That kind of hammock is an Empress only thing I think. If you were on Mariner this July you would have seen this by the Skypad - I think there might be something functionally close to a hammock there:

Image result for mariner of the seas

They did add a couple of actual hammocks to the Mariner and the Indy.  That photo is of the kids climber. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They did add a couple of actual hammocks to the Mariner and the Indy.  That photo is of the kids climber. 

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think he was kidding..😁

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Right, but I thought the hammocks were in that area - I couldn't find the pic tho.

I do think you're right that there were hammocks in that kid zone, but being adults looking for a relaxing vacation, that was just not the right place for the same hammock experience as the Empress.

Since I'm the sister Minda referenced, I can hijack her thread to ask are there other ships with good spots to relax away from screaming kids, such as the situation with the Empress hammocks that are on a top deck, away from all the other action?

4 minutes ago, magicolor_girl said:

I do think you're right that there were hammocks in that kid zone, but being adults looking for a relaxing vacation, that was just not the right place for the same hammock experience as the Empress.

Since I'm the sister Minda referenced, I can hijack her thread to ask are there other ships with good spots to relax away from screaming kids, such as the situation with the Empress hammocks that are on a top deck, away from all the other action?

Majesty and all Vision, Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class ships have a long outside promenade with lounge chairs.

Oasis class does have an outside promenade, but most of it is not wide enough for lounge chairs. The aft area has some chairs, but it won't be quiet if there's an aquatheater show going.