plain food in dining room

rustyroo

Due to dietary restrictions/issues my mom is hoping she can request some very plain food on the norwegian getaway in the main dining rooms. For example, can she request plain grilled chicken each night made with no more than say, olive oil and plain baked or sweet potato. I understand that these requests would probably have to be made in advance, but just wondering if something like that is possible.

Requests of those types can be made. You should contact the special needs department, which may tell you to handle i ton board. I know that every night a strip steak is offered, and you can always get a baked potato. Plain grilled chick should not be an issue, either.

Last year I met a cruiser who was very picky. She basically eats nothing and we went to dinner a few times she usually ordered steak plain with french fries. She had no problems at all.  They knew her order and what she would like. I would think about staying at one dining room like she did so people learn what you like.  

I recently got off a cruise with a guest who had specific dietary restrictions. (no butter and no salt)  He was asked to let the dining staff know 24 hours in advance where he would be eating.  He was told the menu for the next night at dinner and he gave his order and how he wanted it cooked.  His dinner would be ready for him the next night.