Wonderful Customer Service!

JohnCDM

I am not really sure if this is the appropriate forum but in this day and age having a wonderful customer service experience is worth sharing. My wife and I had been wait listed on the Queen Elizabeth from Los Angeles to Southampton via Iceland (Q920B) and I checked periodically to see if we had moved up the list at all (we had not). We were wait listed for Q1 through Q4. During frequent checks of the website I realized that the segment from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale had availability in Q1 and the segment from Fort Lauderdale for the rest of the cruise had availability in Q4. I called Cunard to verify this and was told it was true but they could not help further. My wife did not want to change suites mid cruise and also thought that if we went from a Q1 suite to a Q4 we might have an issue with adjusting to a smaller room. (Please don't judge! I do know that a Q4 suite is amazing). Anyway the point of my long winded post is to say that I found the most amazing customer service representative named Carlos who went out of his way to help us. He persuaded his manager's manager to "move some inventory around" to get us what we wanted. It took him 10 days but in the end we got a Q1 suite all the way through from LA to Southampton. It is such a delight to have someone go the extra mile to help a customer. This will be a once in a lifetime cruise for us. I think I have seen every video of our suite ever posted (7150) and I am salivating in anticipation. Thank you Carlos for your amazing customer service.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2018 at 2:14 AM, JohnCDM said:

I am not really sure if this is the appropriate forum but in this day and age having a wonderful customer service experience is worth sharing. My wife and I had been wait listed on the Queen Elizabeth from Los Angeles to Southampton via Iceland (Q920B) and I checked periodically to see if we had moved up the list at all (we had not). We were wait listed for Q1 through Q4. During frequent checks of the website I realized that the segment from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale had availability in Q1 and the segment from Fort Lauderdale for the rest of the cruise had availability in Q4. I called Cunard to verify this and was told it was true but they could not help further. My wife did not want to change suites mid cruise and also thought that if we went from a Q1 suite to a Q4 we might have an issue with adjusting to a smaller room. (Please don't judge! I do know that a Q4 suite is amazing). Anyway the point of my long winded post is to say that I found the most amazing customer service representative named Carlos who went out of his way to help us. He persuaded his manager's manager to "move some inventory around" to get us what we wanted. It took him 10 days but in the end we got a Q1 suite all the way through from LA to Southampton. It is such a delight to have someone go the extra mile to help a customer. This will be a once in a lifetime cruise for us. I think I have seen every video of our suite ever posted (7150) and I am salivating in anticipation. Thank you Carlos for your amazing customer service.

I wish I could receive the same service being in an inside cabin. But no, the service is like hell, if there was any at all, when we needed help. Looking at it positively though, work hard, make more money and book a Q suite! Or better still, switch to another line that would help inside passengers the same as suite passengers!

2 minutes ago, cruiseluvva said:

Customer service can be exceptionally good - and exceptionally bad. Sadly it is inconsistent. But great that it worked well for the original poster.

Thanks for your prompt comment. Yes service can be inconsistent but how come I almost always hear praises from suite passengers and grumbling form inside passengers? BTW we are diamond members and have started sailing with Cunard from QE2. If Cunard introduces a diamond plus tier, we might automatically get the tier.

1 hour ago, jcfordiscuss said:

Thanks for your prompt comment. Yes service can be inconsistent but how come I almost always hear praises from suite passengers and grumbling form inside passengers? BTW we are diamond members and have started sailing with Cunard from QE2. If Cunard introduces a diamond plus tier, we might automatically get the tier.

I had truly exceptional and sympathetic service from Cunard when I most needed it, in the QE2 days, long before we ever had a suite, so it can and does happen. But as I said, sadly not always.

Edited by cruiseluvva

Being cynical think the exemplary service you received was because they didnt want to lose the cost of selling a Q1 suite and I am sure you would have not received the same service if it was for an inside cabin. As the saying goes "money talks".

9 hours ago, cruiseluvva said:

I had truly exceptional and sympathetic service from Cunard when I most needed it, in the QE2 days, long before we ever had a suite, so it can and does happen. But as I said, sadly not always.

I'm sure you did and so did we. Otherwise we would not have progressed to diamond. But, having said that, it is truly sad to say that we are witnessing their obvious decline in service particularly those supporting services on land. I do not wish to bore you with our unhappy experiences (although I can easily provide  some) as these could be random and subjective. Bottom line is, we do look into our choices these days when we look to find a cruise and we are checking different cruise lines rather than different sailings with Cunard only.