Back from the Infinity

Zoedokey

We returned on Saturday from a five night.  The captain swapped out Key West for Costa Maya due to weather which worked very well for us.  Overall, a five night Caribbean cruise is not my favorite but it fit our schedule this year.  I missed the Celebrity lectures and experiences of a longer trip.  A cruise is always fun though.

We booked a private snorkel with Cozumel H20 for less than the overcrowded Fury Catamaran Celebrity was offering and it was amazing.  We also booked last minute ruins tour with Native Choice in Costa Maya for half of what Celebrity was charging for crowded tour bus trips to the same spot.  Both of these trips were fabulous and I would recommend you look into them.

The martini  bar was a bit of a disappointment though.  There was no flair, no special pours, just guys making martinis and they weren’t friendly.  There was one bartender named I think Niko who was doing his best with some bottle tossing etc, but it was nothing like past trips when the Martini Bar was also a show.

The best bar staff was the team who worked Cellar Masters in the evening and Cafe al Bachio in the morning.  Friendly and efficient.  

The roving drink service was better on this trip than ever though.  

Really enjoyed the the live music throughout the ship.  We would sail Celebrity again for sure, but maybe not in the Caribbean.

Edited by Zoedokey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RickT said:

On the Infinity in March.  Do you remember the names of the house band, guitarist, etc?  Were they good (in your opinion)?

Groovily was not that great, but we really enjoyed Nu Image.  Neptune string duo was lovely.  Peter Rossetti on piano was fun, he sang some Christmas songs.  

Chic night for us was day 4, the day we were in Costa Maya, but the lobster and Beef Wellington dinner was day 5.  We did have to change a port, so that may have been a reason.  

Another thing i meant meant to add was that the pool staff did a poor job replacing towels.  We had to hunt all the racks most days to find pool towels and a couple of times just did without.  Rocks stayed empty for hours, not sure what is up with that.  There were always loungers to be found if you went up to deck 11 though.  

Edited by Zoedokey
  • Like 1