Carnival Ecstasy cabin advice

jackyen2000

Hi,

I'm planning a trip for my family of 6. 2 seniors, 2 adults and 2 kids (3yr and 4yr) for Feb 2019. I've been reading the comments on the forum and it seems it's a older ship and lots things are outdated...which is fine but what worries me is the "odor" that people complained about. I'm wondering will the upper-level deck be better? I'm debating between choosing the Junior suite on verandah deck or the ocean view cabin. Obviously, the suite is nicer but more expensive, I'm just wondering what people think if that extra $2000 is worth the upgrade. Thanks! 

I spent 19 days on the Ecstasy in October.  Yes, it is the oldest ship in Carnival's fleet and it is showing some signs of age and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer, bigger ships.  No, I didn't smell anything unusual or offensive and the crew were amazingly friendly and helpful.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Ecstasy is only the second oldest of Carnival's ships, the Fantasy (for whom the class is named) is the oldest.  I would not spend the money for the junior suite.  It only sleeps three and the balcony is very shallow.  Cabin has a couch, but is not that much larger than an OV or inside.  EM

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't spend the extra cash for the suite only because I only sleep in the cabin or take a quick shower to change for dinner.  I would find it to be a waste of money and rather splurge on the excursions or extra things you can do on a ship.  As an example, some ships have specialty restaurants.  Or perhaps you can use that money for the spa services or just the alcoholic beverages.  If you are the type of family who will be spending time in your cabin for longer periods of time, you might want to consider a suite but do your research.  Check out pictures online, go to cabinguru.com and look at the pros and cons of each room.  Lastly, check out Youtube and see if you can find a video of the room you want.  $2,000 who potentially get you a second cruise so think about it carefully.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m boarding this ship in 5 days I will get back to you with what I find . I did get a grand suite as it is my 32 year anniversary and first time in 22 years we haven’t had a kid with us in our room LOL . I do suggest grandma grandpa get there own room connecting would be nice the kids can wake them in the morning. Or across the hall. Kids are mighty young for sleeping in a pull down the Suite has a couch that lies down plenty wide enough for both of them. The suite also has a pull curtain between them just for mom and dad.