places to snorkel

mysticlady2

Roatan, Honduras has the second largest barrier reef in the world next to Australia. Great snorkeling there.

Hubby has snorkeled in Roatan and will do so again on our next cruise. He's also thinking about snorkeling in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. They have a sunken US military ship that the top is only 5 feet underwater. Sounds cool but I don't snorkel. lol

Edited by Aprille
  • Thanks 1

Grand   Cayman   I want offshore snorkeling since is grossly superior to shore entry.  I am a long time customer of Cpt Marvin,   over 20  years.   :)    I always try and get the 3 snorkel  tour when it fits my ship port time.      At Roatan-   West Bay is my paradise-   with shore entry and me able to enter and enjoy as often and long as I want.    Last several times I've used Bananrama   Resort ,  via    https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/roatan/west-bay-beach-day.html         I never recommend going there without a resort-   lounge,  and security  involved.   Never would I just use the "beach".   

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2018 at 4:02 PM, Aprille said:

Roatan, Honduras has the second largest barrier reef in the world next to Australia. Great snorkeling there.

Hubby has snorkeled in Roatan and will do so again on our next cruise. He's also thinking about snorkeling in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. They have a sunken US military ship that the top is only 5 feet underwater. Sounds cool but I don't snorkel. lol

Where did your husband go to snorkel at in Roatan?

Edited by mysticlady2

Roatan has the best snorkeling of anywhere we have been and it is right off the sand: no reason to go into the deeper waters or use a boat. I am sure the further out the better, but even off the beach it is fantastic. Grand Caymon is almost as good but you do have to go further off shore. At least this is my opinion.