Prescriptions and foreign ports

I would also just take a picture of your bottle with your phone.  That way you will have the information handy if questioned.

I would never put anything critical like medications in my checked bags they could be lost and then where would you be?

On 12/31/2018 at 2:15 AM, SRF said:

That is because of the water bottles showing up on the x-ray.  And possibly something else looked suspicious.  If they see something, they will search the bag.

Water bottles are not allowed, even if sealed.

Lighters are "allowed" but you mileage may vary.  Some airports will allow one per person.

Some airports or flights will search every bag.  Air France out of 3rd world countries actually carry security personnel from France and they physically search every bag and pat down every passenger. 

And I have had my carry on bag searched MANY times, but NEVER a question about my meds in pill organizer boxes or any med in a blister pack (like typical over the counter).  They don't even take a look at them.

Actually everyone's carry ons were searched.  This happened right at the gate. I've never had bottled water confiscated post security in any airport in the US or Europe.  Also, everyone's shoes were inspected by hand and all the men were given a thorough, and I mean thorough, pat down right at the gate.

16 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Actually everyone's carry ons were searched.  This happened right at the gate. I've never had bottled water confiscated post security in any airport in the US or Europe.  Also, everyone's shoes were inspected by hand and all the men were given a thorough, and I mean thorough, pat down right at the gate.

Yeap, it happens.

And yes, I have had water bottles confiscated at the gate with a secondary security.  But still never had any issues with my meds in pill organizers.

Welcome to the post 9/11 travel world.