Visit Maho Beach and you might miss the ship

mcatmcat

Hi 

If you are visiting Maho beach please leave at least 3- 2 hours or more before sailing time. I went on the symphony to Maho Beach on December originally I was planning on visting a beach near to port cant remember the name but last minute some family members booked last minute and we changed the beach to Maho Beach. The taxi driver was going to pick me up to return and Im glad we accepted his offer, there were no taxis at all to come back and it took the driver almost 2 hours to get to the port. I originally wanted to go no orient beach but I was scare on going because I was told there were no taxis around and guess what there were no a single taxi at Maho Beach. Its a great beach but Im not really going back to that beach because traffic is terrible in the afternoon and no taxis are around

On 1/4/2019 at 12:55 AM, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

If you are visiting Maho beach please leave at least 3- 2 hours or more before sailing time. I went on the symphony to Maho Beach on December originally I was planning on visting a beach near to port cant remember the name but last minute some family members booked last minute and we changed the beach to Maho Beach. The taxi driver was going to pick me up to return and Im glad we accepted his offer, there were no taxis at all to come back and it took the driver almost 2 hours to get to the port. I originally wanted to go no orient beach but I was scare on going because I was told there were no taxis around and guess what there were no a single taxi at Maho Beach. Its a great beach but Im not really going back to that beach because traffic is terrible in the afternoon and no taxis are around

was there an accident that caused a delay? 

16 hours ago, stefyo said:

was there an accident that caused a delay? 

I was asking myself the same question. You can almost loop the whole island in two hours! We've been to Maho multiple times and it never took more than 30 minutes each way for the trip. Also, not a single taxi at Maho? We've been to Maho on the Fascination which is three times smaller than the Symphony and there's always taxis looking for passengers returning to the ship. This past Nov. there were 3 ships and there were plenty taxis at almost 3pm when we decided to return from Maho to the ship, which took us 30 minutes.

Where you there the day there was 7 ships in port escapes me what day that was think it was during the holidays but read there were 20 thousand passengers there that day  talk about busy. We are the only ship in port when there so it definitely shouldn't be that bad I would think

We have been several times to Maho

During our last visit in November it was a zoo. We rented a car for the day and left back at 3:00. We were crossing the bridge and got caught for an opening that took about 20 minutes. Then another 30 minutes drive back to port. We had a half hour to spare which to us is cutting it close.

it was so busy that day that it was not as enjoyable as in the past.

it appears that cruise lines are now offering this as a tour destination.

• 1 month later...