General Pride questions

KellyW25

Hello!  I last sailed the Pride back in 2015 and absolutely loved it. I'm booked again for August, and was wondering if there is anything to worry about in an aft cabin.  We booked 8270 and I'm really looking forward to the view.  Also, anything major change on the ship since 2015? I know she's got a light dry dock coming up, glad she's getting ready for my return  😉

Thank you!

We were on the Pride in 2014 in 6196 and the vibration on ship was horrible in that cabin. It was pretty much constant. We couldn’t  keep anything on the counters because they would end up on the floor. The vibration was also bad in the dining room. I’m not sure that this issue has been addressed by Carnival. I could never go back on her because of the vibration.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We were on the Pride in 2014 in 6196 and the vibration on ship was horrible in that cabin. It was pretty much constant. We couldn’t  keep anything on the counters because they would end up on the floor. The vibration was also bad in the dining room. I’m not sure that this issue has been addressed by Carnival. I could never go back on her because of the vibration.

I was on the Pride in July of 2015, this exact room - 6196.  Had no issues with vibrations in the cabin nor in the dinning room.  In fact we liked this room so much, we had booked it for our July 2019 cruise.  (well, until they offered me an extended balcony for  only $20.00 more)

9 minutes ago, makavide said:

I was on the Pride in July of 2015, this exact room - 6196.  Had no issues with vibrations in the cabin nor in the dinning room.  In fact we liked this room so much, we had booked it for our July 2019 cruise.  (well, until they offered me an extended balcony for  only $20.00 more)

I truly hope you get lucky again and don’t have the vibration on your cruise but from what I’ve read on these boards it’s still not fixed.

We had 6264 last year. Our first time booking an aft view. No vibration, nice cabin, nice sized balcony, but we didn't use it a ton because it was always covered in soot. 

Our chairs were black because of all the soot... and we didn't like being in the sun all the time, so probably won't do another aft view. We prefer a regular extended balcony. 

2 hours ago, mmbaldwin said:

We had 6264 last year. Our first time booking an aft view. No vibration, nice cabin, nice sized balcony, but we didn't use it a ton because it was always covered in soot. 

Our chairs were black because of all the soot... and we didn't like being in the sun all the time, so probably won't do another aft view. We prefer a regular extended balcony. 

Hmm.. I love the sun... But hopefully we can get some extra towels to cover the chairs or something!