2019 Miami off site parking reviews

neptuno

Please let us know your experiences with off site parking for the Port of Miami, open lots and ramps.  As the Port is now $22/day, off site locations are ever more desirable for cruises over 3 days.  We have used the Premier Cruise Parking ramp, now moved to the "MET3" location, but shuttles have been slow.  We have also tried the Earlington Heights Metro Ramp for $4.50/day plus RT Uber or Lyft which adds $8-15 each way.  A new online player is "onairparking" dot com, but few reviews yet.  What has been your experience?

If you search the topic here on the Florida boards,  you will see many reviews from people who have parked elsewhere.  

Most locals will give the advice to park at the port as there are many issues with the other lots, especially at night. I realize that is not what you are looking for.

neptuno, the site you are looking at is a 3rd party parking website. It is not tied to any specific parking lot.   Looks like it doesn't give you the location until after you book.  And they may possibly change the lots to whatever is available. 

Thank you CJ.  I have been an active poster on those POM offsite parking threads.  I discovered the Premier Cruise Parking ramp on NE 2nd ST many years ago and was a big fan @ $6/day until their shuttles became unreliable.  Now they have moved to the "MET3" ramp @ $11/day, and we are still wary of their shuttle reliability.  So I have tried the Earlington Heights Metro Ramp with 24/7 armed Sheriff security and a relatively quickten minute six mile Uber/Lyft connection with satisfaction.  Still looking for feedback from anyone who has used the "onairparking" booking, as to how the shuttles have been.  Until then, we will be parking at Earlington Heights and using Uber/Lyft.  Anyone else who has experience parking off POM site, please let us know your feedback.  Thanks.

Edited by neptuno
typo

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, neptuno said:

Airportparkinginc is offering the Safe Cruise Parking lot for $7, while the Safe Cruise Parking website is charging $10.  Has anyone used Airportparkinginc, and if so, were the shuttles reliable?

Airportparkinc do not operate any shuttles. It is a national online booking company, affiliated with various parking lots.

You will be transferred by Safe Cruise Parking.

Thanks Joe.  So far I have seen two web resellers, Onairparking, and Airportparkinginc, but in the past, once using Global, my reservation was not accepted by the owner, Premier Cruise Parking, so I try to book direct with the individual onsite managers.  In the case of Safe Cruise Parking, their website is $3 higher than Airportparkinginc which advertises the same lot.  Shuttles are always hit/miss.  Park n Go at port everglades is the only shuttle I could ever recommend, but my question here is about Port of Miami.  Anyway, still looking for feedback from anyone who has current off-site POM parking experience.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

While you can park long-term at Earlington Heights, you are technically not allowed to. So park at your own risk!

Should someone see you move luggage and hop in a cab or Uber, you may get ticketed. This is not the kind of worry I want to have while cruising!

From the website:

Metrorail parking is available to Transit customers only. You must board Metrorail or Metrobus to park at a Metrorail facility.

6 minutes ago, SteerageJoe said:

While you can park long-term at Earlington Heights, you are technically not allowed to. So park at your own risk!

Should someone see you move luggage and hop in a cab or Uber, you may get ticketed. This is not the kind of worry I want to have while cruising!

From the website:

Metrorail parking is available to Transit customers only. You must board Metrorail or Metrobus to park at a Metrorail facility.

You are correct.  Overnight parking and 24 hour access is allowed at Earlington Heights, however it is allowed for those who use the MetroRail or Metrobus ONLY.  If you are noticed leaving via Uber by any employee or Miami Dade police officer, you car can be towed as this is a violation of the Miami Dade parking lot rules at his lot. 

38 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

You are correct.  Overnight parking and 24 hour access is allowed at Earlington Heights, however it is allowed for those who use the MetroRail or Metrobus ONLY.  If you are noticed leaving via Uber by any employee or Miami Dade police officer, you car can be towed as this is a violation of the Miami Dade parking lot rules at his lot. 

I guess I got lucky since the guard helped us with our luggage. We waited for the Uber right outside the office with out any problem.

17 minutes ago, hbe said:

I guess I got lucky since the guard helped us with our luggage. We waited for the Uber right outside the office with out any problem.

That’s great that worked out so well for you.  Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

7 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

From the website:

Thanks for the heads up.  Next time I'll drop everyone at the ship and then take the MetroRail as close as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

So if anyone is interested, the MET3 ramp off-site (covered w/security) has dropped their rates.  We booked a week with shuttles for $60.59.  Will probably use Uber/Lyft debarking.  Just cant swallow $22/day at POM.

14 minutes ago, neptuno said:

So if anyone is interested, the MET3 ramp off-site (covered w/security) has dropped their rates.  We booked a week with shuttles for $60.59.  Will probably use Uber/Lyft debarking.  Just cant swallow $22/day at POM.

Is this Premier Cruise Parking at Whole Foods?

On 3/26/2019 at 10:04 PM, SteerageJoe said:

Premier Cruise Parking, yes.  Not sure about Whole Foods.  Booked direct with the owner, not Global Parking who has disappointed us in the past by overbooking.

It's that same building but has nothing to do with Whole Foods.  Do not park in the Whole Foods parking garage which is small and does not allow long term parking.  

the entrance to the Met3 parking garage is on SE 3rd Ave.  The Whole Foods parking garage entrance is on SE 2nd Street. 

I will tell you that parking inside the garage is never guaranteed here.  The garage gets very busy as they are also the parking for Silverspot Movie Theaters and other things around the area. Your car is not guaranteed to be left in this parking garage.  If full, Premier Cruise Parking will not allow you to self park and will insist on valet parking your car.  That right there should tell you that there is a possibility that your car will be moved to another lot. And yes, that does happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 9:49 PM, neptuno said:

Premier Cruise Parking at 250 SE 3rd Ave, MET3 ramp, still does not have enough vans to pick up on busy debarkation mornings.  Talked with three couples waiting for over an hour curbside.  Better to Uber/Lyft back to the ramp, only $7.