2019 Constellation Mediterranean cruise - passenger dress

DENIE

My DW and I have been on numerous cruises to Mexico, Pacific Coastal, and Caribbean.  We are broadening our horizons in November 2019 with a Constellation cruise from Venice to Rome, with stops all along the Dalmation Coast.  We are well versed in what is allowed/not allowed in the Main Dining Room, etc.  For our recent Celebrity cruises, I have a nice assortment of button down shirts (short sleeves - Tommy Bahama, etc. - for most nights, and more dressy long-sleeve for chic nights).  My question is...what is the "norm" for a Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity?  Will be leaving the more Tommy Bahama style at home for this one.  Do more people bring jackets/ties on these cruises?  I am hoping to get along with nice dressy long-sleeve button down shirts as I would prefer to not bring a suit/sport coat in our luggage.  Not opposed to that, just thinking about luggage volume.  As always...thanks in advance for any advice, recommendations.

Everything you've described will be fine.   DH brings along a nice sports coat for the Chic nights, but it's not required.  You'll see a few people in tuxes/cocktail dresses, a few more in suits, & lots in just a nice jacket.  Not as many Tommy Bahama shirts in the evening,  but there's nothing wrong with wearing them.  

Enjoy your cruise, you're going to some of my all time favorite places :)

We were on the fall 2018 version of this cruise.  We didn't see any tuxes.  I wore a sport coat and jacket of Chic nights and TB or short sleeve shirts on other nights.  Many wore just a short/long sleeve shirts with collars on all evenings.  Wear what is comfortable for you and enjoy the cruise.  We had a great time.  We did this B2B with the Koningsdam to see the Western Med.  HAL is a bit more formal, but not much.  Really enjoyed the vibe on the Connie.  

19 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Everything you've described will be fine.   DH brings along a nice sports coat for the Chic nights, but it's not required.  You'll see a few people in tuxes/cocktail dresses, a few more in suits, & lots in just a nice jacket.  Not as many Tommy Bahama shirts in the evening,  but there's nothing wrong with wearing them.  

Enjoy your cruise, you're going to some of my all time favorite places 🙂

Thanks Cruise Kitty...glad to hear that!  Sounds like I will fit right in...which is what I was hoping!  We are REALLY looking forward to these port stops!

Edited by DENIE
Wanted to update

8 minutes ago, BSinPNS said:

We were on the fall 2018 version of this cruise.  We didn't see any tuxes.  I wore a sport coat and jacket of Chic nights and TB or short sleeve shirts on other nights.  Many wore just a short/long sleeve shirts with collars on all evenings.  Wear what is comfortable for you and enjoy the cruise.  We had a great time.  We did this B2B with the Koningsdam to see the Western Med.  HAL is a bit more formal, but not much.  Really enjoyed the vibe on the Connie.   

BSinPNS - thanks!  Sounds like my plan is a good one.  I will be planning to pack a number of long-sleeve button down shirts! 🙂