Free Specialty Dining Reservation question

cloud_nine

I just booked on Epic Feb 9.  We also got the 3 free specialty dinners included.  I have already booked 2 of them through the NCL web site.  I was not able to get any of the days or times that I was looking for.  Most of the restaurants either have no availability, limited availability seating 1 person or times after 9:00pm.

I did call NCL customer service line and was assigned a "personal cruise representative", who told me that they hold back slots for all times in all venues for after we board the ship.

There is no reason to wait till you are onboard.  Book your reservations as soon as you can since it can be a problem to get what you want.  Also, check back occasionally after you book to see if your primary choices have opened up, and then you can change to the times/days you wanted.  Times and dates that were closed out often do reappear as available.  Just a heads up...you can book your new reservation on line but will have to call NCL to cancel any reservations you are replacing them with.  Unfortunately NCL does not have a way to cancel reservations on line for dining.