Kids club age breakdowns (ie 2-5, 6-9, 10-13, 13-16? (my grandkids want to know)

lobster129

Just got off the Silhouette but could not find any of the kids club info from our cruise.  Here is what I found online (it looked correct to me):

Ship Mates (ages 3-5)

Cadets (ages 6-8)

Ensigns (ages 9-11)

Admiral T's (ages 12-17 During regular season / 12-14 & 15-17 during peak season)

It is also dependent on how many kids are on board. Celebrity will combine age groups if the number of kids is small esp when school is in session which yields fewer families on board. That's what we found when we sailed with our kids many years ago. 

Today our grown kids are sailing with us on this 14 night Caribbean cruise aboard Reflection. There are only 20 kids on this sailing according to the staff at the Fun Factory and they told me that they were forced to condense the number of age groups....

7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

It is also dependent on how many kids are on board. Celebrity will combine age groups if the number of kids is small esp when school is in session which yields fewer families on board. That's what we found when we sailed with our kids many years ago. 

Today our grown kids are sailing with us on this 14 night Caribbean cruise aboard Reflection. There are only 20 kids on this sailing according to the staff at the Fun Factory and they told me that they were forced to condense the number of age groups....

Correct. It also can depend on itinerary, less kids on say a Baltic Cruise so they group the kids together (from experience 😉). You are in similar circumstances to us: only one child left now who is just scraping into the teen club :classic_smile:. Boy, have those years flown by.

9 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We sailed on Equinox last April with our 14yo and 16yo. As with you there were about 20 kids on board. The Over 12s were in one group and the under 12s in another. I think it was 10 in the older group. My two boys and 3 or 4 of the older ones became friendly and hung around together. They seem to have a good time, my older boy still instagrams with a couple of them.

Our cruise over the holidays (just last month) were ages 3-5 for one group, 6-9 for another, 10-12 for the next, and then the teens' club, 13-17.  It may depend on the breakdown of the kids' ages on your cruise?  For instance, on a Celebrity cruise many years ago, there were less than 20 kids under the age of 12 onboard so they grouped everyone together pretty much.

HTH!

Linda

10 hours ago, SleepingUgly said:

Our cruise over the holidays (just last month) were ages 3-5 for one group, 6-9 for another, 10-12 for the next, and then the teens' club, 13-17.  It may depend on the breakdown of the kids' ages on your cruise?  For instance, on a Celebrity cruise many years ago, there were less than 20 kids under the age of 12 onboard so they grouped everyone together pretty much.

HTH!

Linda

Ours is a 9-night cruise that involves a week and a Friday out of school.  Not too bad, so hoping for a couple dozen kids or more...enough to divide up without the ship being over-run.  Sailing during holidays and spring break is not my preference...and parents are willing to take them out as they are all in honors classes.  I understand that makes us doubly fortunate and do appreciate it!

Thanks for all your input.  I will explain to them in advance that their groups will depend on # of kids on board that register!  At least the 13 yo will likely be in the older group...because that is such a strange age...are they a kid or a young adult? (she would like to be option B...most of the time) LOL

Becky

Edited by lobster129
typo