Question re Ending Cruise in Stockholm

cruzbug

We are looking at a cruise on the Explorer that ends in Stockholm. We understand that ships can either dock at Nynashamn or Stockholm. Can anyone who has ended their cruise at Stockholm on the Explorer tell me where they docked and time needed to catch first flight to Canada from Stockholm.

We ended two cruises (not Regent though) in Stockholm.  The port we came into had a T station (subway system) next to it and we took that to the main station and then a train to Arlanda airport.   Arlanda is a 20mns train ride on the "Arlanda Express" and the trains run often - every 15 mns.  We were at the airport well within an hour of getting off the ship.

However the Nynashamm port is 60km from Stockholm (it is outside the archipelago)  and I think from there you will need a transfer - maybe right to the airport or at least to the main station.   I would actually be surprised if the Explorer used that port but I suppose it is possible.

We have ended two cruises in Stockholm.  On the first, they changed the disembarkation location literally the day before disembarkation.  Fortunately our driver figured out where to find us as this was before easy internet connections and communication.  It was not near any sort of public transport as far as I could tell.

so even if they say one place, it may change.  Same is true in Helsinki and Copenhagen.