World Club recognition transfer from US to UK

EmVic

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of transferring a WC membership tier from North America to UK. Have recently moved back to the UK so we have booked our latest cruise through the UK website (the new site is taking a bit of time to get used to!) rather than the US one. Phoned up when it wouldn't accept the numbers and they said the two systems don't talk to each other and they can't transfer the tier over, so we'll be boarding with no status. Has anyone else gone through this and somehow got it resolved on board?

Thank you!

Hi EmVic

Twice I have booked TA's with an American agent. I then ended up with two WC numbers.

However, you can ask them to add them both together as I did and they will do it.

Get confirmation from the US then speak to Soton and if necessary send the proof.

Good luck.

Stewart

When I moved to the USA, and my UK number would not work on the US website, I contacted the World Club (via email), provided my UK number, and they copied my record from the UK to USA, and provided me with a USA number.

I'm sure the same can be done the other way round.

I did ask why the 'World Club' is not really a world club, and it is to do with different data protection rules/laws in the two countries.

I got this problem resolved onboard by the future sales team. They can access all computer systems  so could combine US 

and UK past cruises for World Club benefits without any proof from me. It takes a little while so go see them early in cruise.

I still have different US and UK membership numbers tho. Convenient for booking in either country. 

Interesting situation with Cunard World Club and Princess Captain's Circle.  I discovered after my first Cunard cruise that my World Club number was the same as my Princess number.  Last year I was researching a cruise and discovered from emails that my World Club number had changed.  Went to Princess, and it has also changed, and they still match.  As far as US and UK computers not talking...we discovered in 2013 that they didn't when we booked a four day on QE and were meeting up with some crew from the UK.  Our TA couldn't link the bookings because the systems didn't talk...EM