Travel from FLL airport to Miami?

klarson1027

On 1/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Why go through the hassle of the two step process having to shlep your bags when you can pay 15pp for a shared shuttle from SAS or Jiffy Jeff or just use Uber. Why complicate things?

Not complicated at all. The three of us can pack for a 7 day cruise, plus 2 travel days in two carry on suitcases so shlepping bags is a non issue for us. Also it’s cheap. You may not know this but the exchange rate from Canadian currency to USD to horrendous, the cheaper I can be while having to use USD the better. I’m not saying my method is right or wrong, it’s just what we do.

We used John's car service for 6 plus luggage. Excellent service. The driver meets you at baggage claim and even helps with luggage. He then picked us up the next day to bring us to the ship and picked us up after for the ride back to FLL.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, n8botting said:

Not complicated at all. The three of us can pack for a 7 day cruise, plus 2 travel days in two carry on suitcases so shlepping bags is a non issue for us. Also it’s cheap. You may not know this but the exchange rate from Canadian currency to USD to horrendous, the cheaper I can be while having to use USD the better. I’m not saying my method is right or wrong, it’s just what we do.

The shared shuttles such as SAS or Jiffy Jeff run 15pp.  You said the train is 4pp, plus you have the added Uber cost from Mia.  So, how much are you really saving?

On 1/18/2019 at 8:18 PM, barb65 said:

We always use SAS Transportation from FLL to Miami. They not only drop us off at our hotel in Miami, but also pick us up after our cruise in Miami and take us back to the FLL airport. Very dependable and very reasonably priced.

Called them as my flight gets in at 5:19 PM. They said no pick ups after 3 PM unless I would pay them $75. I said ahhh, No.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The shared shuttles such as SAS or Jiffy Jeff run 15pp.  You said the train is 4pp, plus you have the added Uber cost from Mia.  So, how much are you really saving?

$4 x 3 = $12 + $10 uber to hotel in Miami as I don't stay downtown = $22 versus $15 x 3 = $45 to a downtown Miami hotel plus $x for uber to hotel that is not downtown, but lets use $10. $45 + $10 = $55. That is a difference of $33 USD or $43.89 CDN. To save even more money you could get off at the stop prior to MIA and then transfer to the metrorail(Sorry I haven't used this option yet, possibly in Feb) that goes downtown, Then transfer to the metromover which will take you right downtown by the Bayfront park. So like I said the way I do it may not be for everyone. Its apparent to me that you and I have differing opinions as you have questioned me twice. 

I would like to apologize to everyone as it seems I have given my opinion on a question that was asked by someone looking for other peoples opinions/experiences. It seems that there is only one correct answer to this post and that is to use SAS or Jiffy Jeff as according to SNJCruisers  

27 minutes ago, n8botting said:

$4 x 3 = $12 + $10 uber to hotel in Miami as I don't stay downtown = $22 versus $15 x 3 = $45 to a downtown Miami hotel plus $x for uber to hotel that is not downtown, but lets use $10. $45 + $10 = $55. That is a difference of $33 USD or $43.89 CDN. To save even more money you could get off at the stop prior to MIA and then transfer to the metrorail(Sorry I haven't used this option yet, possibly in Feb) that goes downtown, Then transfer to the metromover which will take you right downtown by the Bayfront park. So like I said the way I do it may not be for everyone. Its apparent to me that you and I have differing opinions as you have questioned me twice. 

I would like to apologize to everyone as it seems I have given my opinion on a question that was asked by someone looking for other peoples opinions/experiences. It seems that there is only one correct answer to this post and that is to use SAS or Jiffy Jeff as according to SNJCruisers  

Make sure to save more CAD and pull your gratuities at the end of your cruise. Gotta keep those stereotypes intact regarding those from the Great White North and save some coin on your cruise as well as the transfers on the front end.

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Make sure to save more CAD and pull your gratuities at the end of your cruise. Gotta keep those stereotypes intact regarding those from the Great White North and save some coin on your cruise as well as the transfers on the front end.

You seem to be upset? Did something I type offend you? Sorry, my ignorance which stereotypes are you referring?

I always include the gratuities in my cruise fare as it's one last thing I need to worry about at the end of my cruise, and if the gratuities go up in price...well I guess I get to save some coin...but that's not what this thread is about, it's about how to travel from FLL airport to Miami to which you and I have both stated our preferred method.