Anytime dining

Manchester is blue

Hello everyone 

I wonder if someone could help me with the workings of anytime dining.

I have cruised previously with Marella, and the dining onboard thier ships is all anytime,in that you turn up at the MDR and are asked if you are willing to share a table. If you are you are seated at a table of multiple seats and so may enjoy the company of others who have also advised the waiter that they are willing to share a table.

We have booked a Celebrity cruise in June and have asked for the anytime dining option, but wondered if we will always be taken to a table for two or asked if we would like to share with others as we were on our Marella cruise.

2 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

Hello everyone 

I wonder if someone could help me with the workings of anytime dining.

I have cruised previously with Marella, and the dining onboard thier ships is all anytime,in that you turn up at the MDR and are asked if you are willing to share a table. If you are you are seated at a table of multiple seats and so may enjoy the company of others who have also advised the waiter that they are willing to share a table.

We have booked a Celebrity cruise in June and have asked for the anytime dining option, but wondered if we will always be taken to a table for two or asked if we would like to share with others as we were on our Marella cruise.

If you prefer sharing a table with others, let the host know when you arrive. 

We usually ask to be seated “at a sharing table” (the terminology they seem to use) if available.  On our most recent cruise (a couple of weeks ago on Millennium), we were seated with others maybe a third of the time...often, there were very few others arriving around the same time who asked to share a table...with so many either cruising in groups, wanting to sit by themselves or just not bothering to ask.  OTOH, so many of the tables for two are located within inches of other tables for two that we often found ourselves in conversation with others at neighboring tables.