Oasis in NJ/Kids sail free?

JAMESCC

I know we try to always book kids sail free, and it really seems the only real money saving sale RCI runs. Even Anthem has kids sail free from time to time. Question is do you think RCI will run Kids sail free for Oasis when it comes to NJ? Is it just way too early to see that or look for that because Oasis doesn't come to NJ till 2020? What do you guys think?

14 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I know we try to always book kids sail free, and it really seems the only real money saving sale RCI runs. Even Anthem has kids sail free from time to time. Question is do you think RCI will run Kids sail free for Oasis when it comes to NJ? Is it just way too early to see that or look for that because Oasis doesn't come to NJ till 2020? What do you guys think?

When they run the KSF it applies to all sailings for a geographical area.  The only ship that I have seen it specifically exclude are brand new ships that are less than a year old.

Here are the terms for the KSF that starts Feb 1.

Kids Sail Free: provides free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4-night or longer Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, CaribNE, Coastal, Cuba, Europe and Hawaii sailings departing between March 1 – December 15, 2019. Offer excludes Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 16 – 30, 2019), Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 13 – 22, 2019) Summer sailings (Sailings between May 15 – August 31, 2019) and 2019 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 23 - 30, 2019).

Edited by Ourusualbeach

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When they run the KSF it applies to all sailings for a geographical area.  The only ship that I have seen it specifically exclude are brand new ships that are less than a year old.

So they never exclude a particular departure port? It would seem like an easy thing for RCI to do with Bayonne if the ship is selling well.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So they never exclude a particular departure port? It would seem like an easy thing for RCI to do with Bayonne if the ship is selling well.

Haven’t seen it since Quantum was there and maybe Anthem during the first year of their sailings.  (Don’t think it was even a KSF back then but some other promotion that did not apply to new ships)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

30 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I don't what that means that it applies to all sailings?  Its only on select sailings. We booked KSF on Anthem to Bermuda Sept, 21 but it wasn't KSF on every single cruise.

It is select sailings based on the date of the sailing NOT by location.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is select sailings based on the date of the sailing NOT by location.

Ah that makes sense now. Do they ever exclude certain ships? I really hope they have a few Oasis sailing when she is in NJ. My salary will be up a bit by then but still love that sale. 😀 Thanks for the clarification.

3 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Ah that makes sense now. Do they ever exclude certain ships? I really hope they have a few Oasis sailing when she is in NJ. My salary will be up a bit by then but still love that sale. 😀 Thanks for the clarification.

Only the brand new ships less than a year old.

You are right that the KSF is one of the true sales.  Booked clients with 2 kids on a November sailing for $2200 CDN, once the KSF ended it was up over $3300.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only the brand new ships less than a year old.

You are right that the KSF is one of the true sales.  Booked clients with 2 kids on a November sailing for $2200 CDN, once the KSF ended it was up over $3300.

Yes we saved quite a lot on our Bermuda cruise this year. My wife and I just discussed something about our next cruise after Anthem this year which we are planning on Oasis from NJ and that is we are tired of sailing in the fall. Definitely Spring, hopefully late spring 2020. What dates are to be avoided when it comes to spring break or you don't have to worry about that sailing from NJ? Is spring break only an issue sailing from Florida?

11 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yes we saved quite a lot on our Bermuda cruise this year. My wife and I just discussed something about our next cruise after Anthem this year which we are planning on Oasis from NJ and that is we are tired of sailing in the fall. Definitely Spring, hopefully late spring 2020. What dates are to be avoided when it comes to spring break or you don't have to worry about that sailing from NJ? Is spring break only an issue sailing from Florida?

The dates excluded are in Post 3.  NJ will get hit with spring breaks as well bit msyne not to the extent that Florida does.  One to watch out for is Ontario as the entire province k-12 has their break at the same time and it’s only a 10 hour drive.

Weare booked in 2020 on the March 15 sailing.  In 2019 it’s the sailing around March 9.

Oasis doesn’t arrive in NJ until late May 2020.  By then spring breaks will be done.

Edited by Ourusualbeach