Who does suites better HAL or Princess?

beachys

I posted this in the HAL forum, but thought I'd cross post it as well. 

Looking for some opinions and yes I do realize that it may vary by person.   We are doing Alaska in July/August of 2020 and the two lines we are considering are Princess and Holland America.  I've been on neither of these lines.   We are going to get a suite and we are just trying to decide which line to choose.  Along those lines who do you think does suite class better? and why?   I tried to search this topic, but I couldn't find any answers from people who had actually done both.

Hi,

I have not done both.

I loved the suite perks we had on Princess in our full Vista Suite.

HAL has different perks depending on the type of suite you book.

Here they are to show you the differences:

http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/Suite_info_from_HAL.pdf

Here are the ones for Princess. As long as you are in a full suite(not a mini suite )

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Hope this helps a little bit.

I think it depends on which suite you are considering. The Pinnacle Suites on HAL are amazing with superb service. The service for Penthouse and Neptune are pretty similar with priority boarding, special suite restaurant for breakfast, concierge lounge, etc... Princess offers a seperate dining area for suite passengers whereas HAL assigns you a nice table and will seat you in a preferred location, but does not have a seperate dining area for suite passengers. HAL does offer suite passengers special seating for shows. Princess does not do that unless you stay in the new Sky Suites.

Here is is a video of the HAL PS on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Amazing experience! Perhaps the New suites on the new Princess ships will compare. 

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I think it depends on which suite you are considering. The Pinnacle Suites on HAL are amazing with superb service. The service for Penthouse and Neptune are pretty similar with priority boarding, special suite restaurant for breakfast, concierge lounge, etc... Princess offers a seperate dining area for suite passengers whereas HAL assigns you a nice table and will seat you in a preferred location, but does not have a seperate dining area for suite passengers. HAL does offer suite passengers special seating for shows. Princess does not do that unless you stay in the new Sky Suites.

Here is is a video of the HAL PS on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Amazing experience! Perhaps the New suites on the new Princess ships will compare. 

Thanks for the video!  I've googled and watched a lot, but did not see that one.