Buccaneer Restaurant & Bar

c-leg5

I must be confusing  Buccaneer with another property in that area... OR perhaps the Buccaneer I remember has branched out to the beach across the road. The pics on Trip Advisor give a fairly good view plus reviews of the place.  HERE  My guess is the beach is small, the water doesn't seem to be cluttered with boats as I thought it might be.  

Tita's (HERE) is just a few doors down.  They have a small beach, good food and a fan following as does Sundowner's on Half Moon Bay Beach.  

I believe the sand would be more pleasant on Half Moon Bay over these other places which are squished between the sea and the road.  

Edited by Guest 2000

9 minutes ago, Guest 2000 said:

I must be confusing  Buccaneer with another property in that area... OR perhaps the Buccaneer I remember has branched out to the beach across the road. The pics on Trip Advisor give a fairly good view plus reviews of the place.  HERE  My guess is the beach is small, the water doesn't seem to be cluttered with boats as I thought it might be.  

Tita's (HERE) is just a few doors down.  They have a small beach, good food and a fan following as does Sundowner's on Half Moon Bay Beach.  

I believe the sand would be more pleasant on Half Moon Bay over these other places which are squished between the sea and the road.  

Thanks, tried Tita’s last time and it was closed - ended up at Ronny’s next door which was nice and quiet but had a lot of seagrass where I was swimming.

I had planned to go to Ginger’s but had Buccaneer recommended. I think we will walk from one to the other and try both as I want to check out the pastries at PorQue No!

(I half-wondered if Buccaneer was the “Pirate’s Bay” which was on a RCCL ship excursion last year and which I never could find a location for but was supposedly near the rum and chocolate factory and now seems to have disappeared from the listings.)

I think having a look at both is a grand idea...

As I remember it Pirate Bay was part of Las Palmas which is on the French Harbor side of the airport. 

The Buccaneer I am thinking about is/was a restaurant at the bottom of Sunset Villas road near Lost Paradise in West End.  Ahh but my memory could be failing me, the place I am thinking may never have been named Buccaneer and my gray matter is running away with me. :0)  

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, Guest 2000 said:

I think having a look at both is a grand idea...

As I remember it Pirate Bay was part of Las Palmas which is on the French Harbor side of the airport. 

The Buccaneer I am thinking about is/was a restaurant at the bottom of Sunset Villas road near Lost Paradise in West End.  Ahh but my memory could be failing me, the place I am thinking may never have been named Buccaneer and my gray matter is running away with me. :0)  

Las Palmas was certainly the original Pirate Bay,due to the replica pirate ship that was there. Last year you may remember me asking about another location somewhere between Sandy Bay and West End which I never did discover the location for even on board another ship! I always thought it was confusing to have a second place with the same name but sometimes the cruiselines just name excursions for their own convenience -. they no longer seem to be offering this excursion so it obviously didn't last!

You are correct on the location of Buccaneer. I think from google maps it may have been a restaurant originally and they have expanded across the road?