Pricing situation question

DaveOKC

7 hours ago, Nymich said:

Dave,

Had a similar situation back in November where I got a great deal on an SS.   I ended up staying there as I didn't see the value in going to the Neptune.   The way I see it you got a good rate and even if you don't upgrade you did well.

We do like thee Signature Suites and will be happy there I am certain.  However, I still would upgrade us if the cost was $200 pp or less.

Wait a minute. You paid $1099 per person. Final payment time has passed. The few cabins left are being sold at premium (supply and demand). However, Neptunes didn't sell, so they are discounted. If you could sell your cabin on the open market, then turn around and apply that to a Neptune, that would make sence. But you are asking HAL to take back your cabin (hope it sells again) - but regardless if it sells or not, just apply the higher value to a (now reduced) Neptune. If I were HAL, I'd say no, or I'd be giving you an additional $1000 off a Neptune without a guarantee of recouping that cost. Same is happening on Celebrity with Edge. Early purchasers got cabins for $1500/person. The price is now double. Should Celebrity now take back the original cabins and give $3000 off a higher priced cabin? Of course not. Sorry - the cruise line in the profit-making business, not a non-profit entity.

4 hours ago, twodjs said:

Wait a minute. You paid $1099 per person. Final payment time has passed. The few cabins left are being sold at premium (supply and demand). However, Neptunes didn't sell, so they are discounted. If you could sell your cabin on the open market, then turn around and apply that to a Neptune, that would make sence. But you are asking HAL to take back your cabin (hope it sells again) - but regardless if it sells or not, just apply the higher value to a (now reduced) Neptune. If I were HAL, I'd say no, or I'd be giving you an additional $1000 off a Neptune without a guarantee of recouping that cost. Same is happening on Celebrity with Edge. Early purchasers got cabins for $1500/person. The price is now double. Should Celebrity now take back the original cabins and give $3000 off a higher priced cabin? Of course not. Sorry - the cruise line in the profit-making business, not a non-profit entity.

The way I look at is that they are asking $1599 for a Neptune and I am willing to give them a cabin now worth $1499 (their pricing) plus $200, or $1699, so they should be happy as they are $100 ahead plus its easier to sell a lower price cabin.