Purchased onboard 'activities'

txflood33

My wife and I will be on the Millenium in March 2020. I was simply browsing the cruise planner and found a few things that might be nice to do on the boat and are reasonably inexpensive.

There is a food/wine pairing and a Jack Daniels tasting both for $25/pp. How do I know what day of the cruise these events take place? I don't want to book on a port day. We did a wine tasting on the Reflection and it was fun and educational....was the Ridel one about using the appropriate glass for the wine being served. From casual conversation during and after the tasting, the instructor found enough interest in a Scotch tasting later the same day.

I understand this may not be for everyone, I'm more trying to see when during the cruise it falls or if it happens more than once and I can sign up for a spot.

1 hour ago, txflood33 said:

There is a food/wine pairing and a Jack Daniels tasting both for $25/pp. How do I know what day of the cruise these events take place?

These are events that you can also sign up for once you are on-board the ship.  They will typically be advertised, or at least listed, within the Daily on the days they will occur.  The food and wine pairings are also usually mentioned one of the nights while dining either by your sommelier or head waiter.

Enjoy your cruise!

5 minutes ago, Cruising Domer said:

These are events that you can also sign up for once you are on-board the ship.  They will typically be advertised, or at least listed, within the Daily on the days they will occur.  The food and wine pairings are also usually mentioned one of the nights while dining either by your sommelier or head waiter.

Enjoy your cruise!

excellent...thank you. I just didn't want to buy ahead of time

As said you can book while onboard and see how the activities fit your schedule. You might also talk to whomever is selling the activity about a discount. If they need participants they will offer a discount. You might also wait and see if they offer a special discount for an online booking.

The best person to speak to is either the M’D of your main restaurant (MDR, Luminae. Blu) or the member of staff selling speciality dining just outside Oceanview. They are usually keen to promote these events. Register your interest with someone early in the cruise. Frequency/number of events I think is down to interest. In our experience most events are on sea days. As day two is frequently a sea day ask on boarding.

With your interest in two possible events worth asking about a discount!