Restaurant prices

purplecow15

Just noticed that the prices in Moderno and Teppanyaki went up from $29 to $36. If we use our dining package at either will we have any upcharges? This is on the Star in June but I assume the prices have gone up fleet wise.

Edited by purplecow15

6 minutes ago, purplecow15 said:

No. Its the price per person. Last week it was $29. This week $36. Just another example of price increases

So if you select it they try to charge you $42 ($36 plus 20%)?

Looking at my bookings (where things are in pounds so it depends a bit on exchange rates), I am almost certain that it is still $30 plus gratuity there.

Edited by KeithJenner

I just looked at the listings for the Getaway TA in April. Both are now $36 but the 20% gratuity is included.

Teppanyaki

Flying shrimp. Onion volcanoes. Twirling knives. The sizzles and surprises never cease at Teppanyaki, our authentic Japanese hibachi restaurant. Sit around a l ...

• Price $36.00
  • Price includes an 20% gratuity and specialty service charge.

27 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I just looked at the listings for the Getaway TA in April. Both are now $36 but the 20% gratuity is included.

Teppanyaki

Flying shrimp. Onion volcanoes. Twirling knives. The sizzles and surprises never cease at Teppanyaki, our authentic Japanese hibachi restaurant. Sit around a l ...

• Price $36.00
  • Price includes an 20% gratuity and specialty service charge.

Yes, that is how it has been displayed for us in the UK for a while (once you get within the 120 day booking window). Before that it shows the price excluding the gratuity.

My assumption, as the OP says they are sailing in June, is that they have just moved to within the 120 days so it has gone from showing the price before gratuity to the price including gratuity. That's why they are seeing a different amount from what they saw last week.

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

My assumption, as the OP says they are sailing in June, is that they have just moved to within the 120 days so it has gone from showing the price before gratuity to the price including gratuity. That's why they are seeing a different amount from what they saw last week.

I believe you’re probably right. I thought the price had gone up but now see what happened . Thanks.