Cruises to Great Stirrup Cay

lovetotraveltx

I agreed with MCC"s comment, only been to Harvest Cay recently - 1st time and we liked it - we're also scheduled for a GSC stop as part of the 15 days/14 nights West Carib itinerary out of NY during the winter months.  

GSC has been work-in-progress, especially for the premium/Haven area, really - IMO, incomplete since it was damaged during hurricane season back in 2016-17, as I recall, when they had to evacuate everyone from the island for safety reasons.  Between then & now, we made it ashore twice but missed it 3 times (early Spring & late Fall) - got credited automatically posted to our OnBoard accounts each time ($34 p/p last month, previously $28 p/p ...) 

If berth space is available at Nassau & ship is heading there anyway for next day - then you might get to do an overnight ... shops are closed by evening but bars & restaurants were opened.  Atlantas & Baha Mar (it's beautiful & we liked the resort settings, not geared for ship passengers) are available but not everyone's cup of tea, so to speak.   Otherwise, it's an extra "fun" day at sea or sailing onward to the next port. 

We've been to GSC since early 2000's where one used to need to step off the front of the tender onto the sandy & rocky beach, to do a few steps before hitting land - always a chance of not making it.  I don't buy the idea of a conspiracy to purposely skip the private island.  Each time we couldn't - it's the darn north wind blowing, seas were often calm & flat, no waves - but, no can't do. 

OP,  from Texas, can look at 7 days sailing out of FL ports - more choices & prices, including last minute deals when they need to fill up the ship.  

2 hours ago, MCC retired said:

OP has been to Harvest Cay which I enjoyed far more than GSC . I hope OP is not disappointed with GSC?

I enjoy all the private islands far more than the vast majority of mass market cruise ports in the Caribbean.  Aruba, Barbados, Cayman Islands, and perhaps Grand Turk being the exceptions.