Superstar Gemini

mummsie

Hi E

We didn't have any members on our cruise, but we are looking to hopefully cruise again next year, we are going to start evaluating in the next month or so, we would like the Gemini again but would want a different leg so we see new things,

hopefully it won't be sold by then and the same people will be on it, we did fall in love with the ship and crew

Cheers

Les

Boeckli- a couple of questions for you.

You are obviously a seasoned cruiser- I was wondering what N.Y.M.P.H.S New York to Miami Port Hoppers Society AND M.A.N.I.A.C.S Mercury Australia, New Zealand, Islands Awesome Cruisers Society stand for?

Not long until your off on your B2B caribbean adventure- looks great! Thanks

Do you usually stick to calm waters or it doesn't worry you - the rough seas. When we sailed with P&O Fairstar I was quite unwell with vertigo and nausea but I only experienced a little on the Gemini - definetly much better.

E onboard :)

Hi E onboard - personally I have never had a problem about the seas (as long as I regularly have something to eat - even crackers) - my DH feels it a bit more. We've twice had fairly rocky trips from Sydney to Noumea on the Pacific Princess (second trip lots of people were quite sick) but all our Asian sailings with Starcruises have been very smooth.

Heidicha does not have a personal SC email address. She reads mail sent to Assistant Cruise Director(XCHG-SSG) which is for business use.

The only way I can think of is for you to send her a snail mail OR have a future passenger pass her your email. Mike might have better suggestions (though I have not heard from him for a week now!)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hopefully Mike might have another slant on it, the Gemini will be in Melbourne Australia on the future cruise down under and I agreed to meet and possibly show the sights to some of them and return the hospitality, but I wouldn't imagine that they allow visitors on the Gemini when she is in a port, so henceforth the e/mail idea to try and coordinate.

Cheers

Les

Heidicha is ACD if I'm not wrong and her contract started on June(?) so she'll be onboard till December assuming no extension. If she is CD and her contract started earlier, then no, she will not be onboard as Myla C. is Cruise Director. Don't have much information on Gemini, very sorry!

I might be meeting her late this month during SSG's drydock and if I do, I'll find out more and let you know.

Heideicha was sharing CD duties on SS GEMINI with Colin Kerr as far back as may this year when we did Singapore - Hong Kong . So six months would see out end of November co-inciding with departure of SS Gemini from Singapore mid November for Aus .

:) Renewed our wedding vows on our first trip on"Gemini" ! front counter girls hung balloons and streamers,the little ceremony was private,but terrific.

Even seated at captain's table for last dinner !Also went on next year's cruise for 7 days.

BUT , next June, "Gemini" does 21 day cruises from HongKong as well as from Singapore, we have chosen the S/pore to S/pore one.This cruise we are going to Bangkok, Vietnam,HK, some ports in malaysia with 9 days at sea. It sounds our thing-anything better than cold melbourne in June !!

:cool: helga38

Hi helga38 - congrats on the renewal vows on Gemini - that must have been lovely.

Your cruise in June sounds good too, we are doing a similar itinerary but on Sun Princess. Yes, anything to get away from winter, especially Melbourne! We lived in Canberra and Melb some years ago so I shouldn't complain, it's not so bad here.

Vera

Hi All

Thanks Vera and SSV, will see what happens and maybe get you to pass on message later,

No news from Hazel, is she still on board or has her cruise finished.

By the sound of it a few forum members will be doing the down under trip. It should be different sailing compared to Asian waters.

Cheers

Les

Hi Boeckli

Just want to wish you safe flights, calm seas and a wonderful cruise. Look forward to hearing all about the Caribbean, NCL and Dawn.

Regards

Vera

Thank you very much, Vera - it still hasn't quite sunk in that there will only be 4 more sleeps at home :D

Also wishing you a good trip on SSG - not so long to go either - enjoy !

I thought I'll post an interesting article here on Tipping in Singapore and elsewhere

http://richardsrussell.livejournal.com/81008.html

Very interesting - with a lot of truth in it, I think - JMHO.

E onboard - thanks for your good wishes - I shall report here on my return. Have you made any plans for your next cruise yet?

Very interesting reading. As an Australian, we are generally not comfortable with the tipping concept and I have noted on these pages that there are many questions from all over the world related to the age-old question of "how much do we tip?"

Much better idea not to have to tip at all!!!

Why should the customer pay to patronise a business and also subsidise their staff wage bill separately???

Much better idea not to have to tip at all!!!

Why should the customer pay to patronise a business and also subsidise their staff wage bill separately???

Coincidentally, the last two Sundays, the local Sunday Times had been running reports of taxi toutings at ports and tourist scalpings outside nightclubs.

Watch out for these black sheeps.

IMHO, tipping at its worst is just another form of corruption. It is near impossible to eradicate when it is endemic. e.g. USA.

At its best it is just Charity which slowly change into corruption with time.

Hence don't tip or in future your cruise would be spoilt by hands sticking out at you on every deck.

Hello everybody,

We are travelling from Scotland to join the Superstar Gemini in Singapore on Sunday 18th Nov. (cruise to Fremantle).

Can anyone advise on the type of plugs in the cabins and type of adaptor necessary for hairdryers with UK plugs. i.e. 3 flat pin.

Many thanks, Jim and Muriel

Hi Jim & Muriel - welcome to CC -

Re electric sockets, go back to post 128 (p.7) there's a photo and some discussion about them so I gather you should be ok with the UK one.

I will be on that cruise but from Bali on 22nd November. So far, there are two other members who will be on board and we plan to meet on Friday 23rd Gemini bar 4.00 pm (see post 1035)! Hope you will join us then.

What part of Scotland are you from? My son's partner is from Edinburgh and they've recently spent a month there so she's come back with an accent broader than ever!!

Vera