Superstar Gemini

mummsie

Read on some advertisements when I was on board of SSV, that SuperStar Gemini will sail from Singapore to Bali and then further down under to Australia in November 2007.

I'm interested in the first leg of the cruise from Singapore to Bali via Komodo, is it possible to book the cruise on SSG from Singapore to Bali and then return from Bali to Singapore via air?

The DA cabins on Deck 6 are all in one block forward - five face onto a transverse passageway facing 7 Junior Suites, and the other 7 DA cabins are on the inside passage facing Larger Oceanview Staterooms . The deck below is Galaxy of the Stars, and the deck above is ships quarters and bridge.

Just stroll aft on the same deck for Marriners Buffet, or aft on same deck and down elevator 2 levels to 4 deck for Ocean Palace. Down one set of stairs near your cabin to Galaxy of the Stars and reception and promenade deck on 5 . So good cabin location in my view . But then on GEMINI everything is so compact and easy to reach .

Les (Riviera 30) - wishing you a great cruise. Hope everything turns out as planned and you'll enjoy the trip.

If you spot a very tall senior waiter in the Ocean Palace named Jordan, tell him Mrs Ursula and husband send regards (he was going on vacation some time in September, not sure exactly when - he provided excellent service, last 3 days of the cruise we had a set table at his station and he certainly looked after us very well!)

107.png

Riviera 30- you must be getting excited now- a couple of more days and you'll be on your way- how great!

Have no answer for you about the IP provider on your travels- you could try asking around if you have a few spare days in Singapore- someone is sure to know.

Enjoy- because once you've finished.... we start. :D

E onboard :)

Hi all,

We were recently on superstar gemini and had a fantastic time. We meant to get some contact details for a few staff but with 2 small kids we forgot about it. I now have an upset 3 year old who is desparate to send some photos and a thank you to a few of the staff. Does anybody know of any e-mail addresses or how I can get some?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi meljallen, the best way for you to contact any staff/crew onboard Gemini, is to write to them c/o Star Cruises. This way the staff in question can advise you of their personal e-mail address should they care to.

Star Cruises will forward the mail to the staff/crew member upon receipt.

Your envelope should be addressed as follows:

To: Mr/Ms ? ?

The Department they work in

SuperStar Gemini

c/o Star Cruises

No.9, Penang Road,

#11-08, Park Mall,

Singapore 238459

Hope this helps.

Best,

Mike

HI all,

A couple of questions have come to mind and thought you as the experts would have the answers.

1. Do all cabins have a safe?
  2. When it states no open toed shoes in restuarant I presume it means male footwear and not Ladies open toed strappy dress shoes?
  3. On our last cruise (1997 with P&O) it was expected that you would tip your cabin staff at the end of the cruise (which we were happy to do) however I see where STAR explicitly states not to; what do those seasoned Gemini cruisers usually do?

Sorry if these sound silly but as it gets closer I seem to think of some of the silliest questions!!

Thanks in anticipation

E onboard :)

Hi E onboard, yes, all cabins have a safe. The open toe shoe is directed towards the gentlemen.

This is Star Cruises take on tipping:

Tipping

Your smile is the most valuable return you can give our friendly crew. We have a ‘No Tipping’ policy onboard.

While the staff/crew onboard Gemini, or any other of Star's vessels do not expect to be tipped, they are absolutely thrilled to receive a gratuity from a pax. Usually they are shy and awkward about taking the gratuity, but believe me, it is most appreciated by them. And you know what,,,,,they truly deserve it.

There is a $200 deposit for the safe key - we didn't bother. We just locked our valuables away in our suitcase under the bed.

There is definitely no tipping at all - a great reason to go with the Gemini.

There is only one restaurant on the Gemini - dress codes during the day are casual. Evening the only stipulation is no t shirts, jeans, shorts and thongs or sandals for men. They are strict in enforcing this. My husband just wore cargoes and polos most night and that was fine. Mummsie:D

On our recent trip the safe key deposit was S$ 250 - it's no problem. They don't actually make you 'pay' it, they just get you to sign a "Miscellaneous Charge" voucher for the amount and when you return the key at the end of the cruise, they take the amount off your account - very simple and painless. For me the only drawback was that it's a bit awkward having to keep track of the key - saw some people having it with their access card on a lanyard round their neck.

Thanks All

Home from work and heading off to the airport in a couple of hours. Can't believe it is finally here.

I'm sorry Kuldali, we didn't seem to listen enough Carol has 17kg and mine is 29.5kg thanks to the remainder of her clothes!!

Oh well, looks like bent backs to the check in counter.

Once again thanks to all the wonderful members of the group who have provided me with a wealth of information which should enable me to get the utmost out of the Gemini.

Stay tuned for on the go reports.

Cheers to all

Les

At long last the new season Itineraries for SS GEMINI through to late 2008 in Asia are bookable through TAgents as of 0900 Thursday 13/09/07 EST (Aus).

I wanted cabin type AB Hxg to Sin on one of the six departures next year and both were sold within 30 minutes of bookings opening for my chosen date - so I was very lucky .

Unfortunately STAR have not as yet updated their website to reflect the new 2008 itineraries for GEMINI through to December 2008 . However details are back a page or so on this thread .

So those of you have been sweating on bookings opening, go to it .

As well as the info previously provided by others re the 2008 Asian Oddysey 21 day round trips ex Singapore to Hong Kong , with frequency being doubled to six departures this year ex Singapore Star are now offering as a flow on effect of back to back departures of this cruise as follows.

The cruise can now also be taken as a 21 night round trip from Hong Kong via Singapore returning to Hong Kong . Departure dates for this option ex Hong Kong Wednesdays 21/05, 16/07 and 03/09/08 .

Round trip (21 nights) departure dates from Singapore are 11/05, 01/06, 06/07,27/07, 24/08 & 14/09/08.

One way trip Singapore to Hong Kong (10nights) same dates as above.

One way trip Hong Kong to Singapore (11 night) departing Hong Kong on Wednesdays 21/05, 11/06, 16/07,06/08,03/09 & 24/09/08.

Straits Adventurer (7 nights) additional departure dates (2008) confirmed as departing Singapore Sundays April 20, 27 ; May 4; June 22, 29 ; Aug 17; Sept Nil; October 5, 12, 19 & 26; Nov 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; Dec 7, 14 & 21

Hi All

Sending this from an Internet Cafe in Singapore as the hotel rates were $35 per day. But you have to pay every 24 hour cycle. What a rip off, the cafe charges SG$3 for 1 hr. Had a disastrous flight, had the proverbial screaming crying baby in front of us all night and we couldn't sleep at all.

Not only that, but at Tullamarine airport I copped a $140 penalty for being 7 kg overweight, so E, don't overpack as we did. Listen to others and learn!

Spent today in SG shopping of course and changing money and the like, really excited about Gemini but still intend to enjoy SG as much as we can. The other thing E, don't try top save on spending money on good quality luggage because it will backfire on you. On arrival at the airport the handle of my brand new suitcase pulled off in my hand (I suppose the 31Kg didn't help ) but it shows how unexpected things can happen.

Anyway, got to go find restaurant for tonite.

Cheers

Les