Superstar Gemini

mummsie

Hello everyone,

SSV - I cannot find prices on the website for shorex. I can find an outline of the possible excursions for each country- listed under either Virgo or Gemini but not costs?

Can anyone in AUS see the costs?

E onboard

:)

Hello everyone,

SSV - I cannot find prices on the website for shorex. I can find an outline of the possible excursions for each country- listed under either Virgo or Gemini but not costs?

Can anyone in AUS see the costs?

E onboard

:)

E onboard - the prices are only listed for the shore excursions in Australia (Gemini upcoming season here) - all the shorex in the asian countries for both ships do not show costs

Not sure of prices but have been told that between 35 SD and 100 SD depending on what's involved (lunch, speed boat, entry fees etc) and how long. Some last for up to 7 hour.

I also have a question about shampoo/ conditiner and shower gel- we aren't in a suite - cabin 3222- do they have these items or not?

E onboard :)

These prices applied on SS GEMINI in May this year for these ports of call :

Prices in Singapore $ . (Conversion approx $ 1 Singapore = 80 c Aus)

KOH SAMUI

Elephant Riding Island Round Tour $ 110 S

National Marine park & Snorkelling $ 135 S

Transfer to/from Chaweng beach $ 15 S

HO CHI MINH CITY

Chu Chi Tunnels $ 45 S

Vietnamese Culinary Experience $ 80 S

Saigon Highlights $ 40 S

Mekong Delta $ 65 S

Pedal Cab Ride $ 45 S

Transfer to/from downtown HCMC $ 12 S

Tips : Taxis in both Koh Samui and HCMC are cheap . When you disembark at each port STAR staff at gangway will give each pax a slip of paper with ships location at wharf and other vital info . Just show it to a taxi driver and he will have you back at the ship in no time flat . (Koh Samui is tender port, HCMC for Gemini is wharf port right at foot of CBD area.) When disembarking in Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong for Aussies no visa is required . For Vietnamese ports STAR will get special short term visa for you (has been charged in your fare) . This is like a numbered paper pass which you show to Vietnamese Immigration people on wharf each time you leave and re-board the vessel . The one paper Vietnamese Visa pass covers you for all ports of call in Vietnam and is collected finally when finished with so do NOT throw it away . Hope all this helps .

just hooked - Looks like you'll be doing same itinerary as we have just been on - Ko Samui tours were S$ 140, taxis there are not as cheap as in some other Asian ports - we paid equiv. of A$10 for a ride from Maenam beach back to the jetty (near Bophut) - probably 8-10 km.

In HCMC US$ 2 for taxi between city centre and the ship. No-one ever looked at our Vietnam landing pass (therefore we still have ours - souvenir)

Thanks for the prices and help will pass on this weekend at our 30ish day party-yes the girls are trying karaoke again i think they have a worst karaoke night on the ship and they might just win ! going on how they went at our 50ish day party:)

Hi E onboard, have no worries, all cabins onboard Gemini have a shampoo and bath gel dispenser in the shower and a liquid soap dispenser at the basin. If you use hair conditioner, it's better to bring your own.

Mike

Thanks for that Mike.

Kudalai for a moment there I thought you were responding to my question about shampoos etc and started panicking about a "public lounge" - ;) Just joking- only took me a few minutes to see you were referring to Karaoke! LOL

E onboard :)

SS GEMINI will be passing through MELBOURNE twice in the Australian Summer; firstly on Friday 07/12/07 (0800 to 1700) and then again on Wednesday 16/01/08.(0800 - 1600). Times shown are indicative as per published itineraries at August 2007). Check STAR NAVIGATOR issued on board each day for actual arrival and departure times and times all pax must be back on board prior to departure .

I have have prepared some self exploration notes of things to see and how to get there within the Central Business District for people who are self explorers.

The berth in Melbourne is serviced by an excellent high frequency light rail (tram) service, between the Pier head and the Melbourne CBD. The city is very close (like 10 mins by light rail) from Station Pier. So there is no need to take an expensive tour when you can see most things yourself on a

$ 6-30 Aus Daily tram/train ticket . Anyone who would like a copy in WORD format just e-mail me direct at kuldalai@pipeline.com.au with your e-mail address and I will send you a copy . Hope this helps visitors to "downunder" on SS GEMINI.

Hi E

Ive been watching the posts and taking in the info.

Still no tickets, I am so mad, tomorrow I am going to ring them up again and see whats the holdup. We are leaving on th 12th and that is only 10 days away.

We are pretty excited and the final list checking is in place, suitcases are down and ready to pack.

I bet you are excited as well, I am taking my laptop with me and I am buying a local internet sim card for my wireless modem so everywhere we dock and I get a hotspot I will be able to post.

Hope Dicky Beach posts soon to hear his response.

Cheers

Les

Hi E

Ive been watching the posts and taking in the info.

Still no tickets, I am so mad, tomorrow I am going to ring them up again and see whats the holdup. We are leaving on th 12th and that is only 10 days away.

We are pretty excited and the final list checking is in place, suitcases are down and ready to pack.

I bet you are excited as well, I am taking my laptop with me and I am buying a local internet sim card for my wireless modem so everywhere we dock and I get a hotspot I will be able to post.

Hope Dicky Beach posts soon to hear his response.

Cheers

Les

Hi All

Does anyone know if it is best to book Fantasea show from Australia-Ship or on arrival at Phuket at the door so to speak.

To Mike

Is there such a sort of wireless internet sim card in Singapore which can be used in most of the locations we will be ( SG to Phuket via Penang,Langkawi, etc then to Koh Samui,HCMC and Tioman.)

Also would you know roughly whats costs may be as I am hoping to use laptop instead of ship computers.

Cheers

Les

Hi Les,

If the ship is staying overnight in Phuket, then time is not a worry for you and you could book Fantasea on your own. With the ship's shorex, I believe that a dinner is included. Some people say the dinner is ok and others say they could have lived without it. When I went, it was acceptable. Buffet style. I guess you have to know which Thai foods to choose.

Sorry, but I can't help with the computer sim card question. Perhaps some of the more recent cruisers will pop in and give their experiences with this.

Have a great cruise and enjoy all.

Best,

Mike

Hi All

Does anyone know the exact name of the location where the jetty is in Koh Samui where the tender drops off at as well as where it is in Phuket and Tioman.

Also, is it correct that one should book the captains dinner the night we embark on Gemini.

I rang up the travel agent and we gave them such a serve as well as ringing up the Head Office but didn't do any good, hopefully they say it will be this week. I hope you are not having this much trouble E as we are.

I have all my maps and info now off the web and just need to find out the best way to attack the email problem. I need to stay in some sort of regular contact and also would be good to be able to post a travel report on the go so to speak.

I have made contact with all the car hire suppliers I intend to use and will confirm them all on the go.

Its hard to believe the time has nearly arrived. 8 more days until we fly out.

Cheers

Les

On SS GEMINI if you are booked in Owners Suite or Junior Suite that is termed as ADMIRAL class and you receive EXPRESS separate check in . You have own cabin Supervisor who will book you in explain things, and book the Captains Dinner for you as part of the pre-boarding process.

If you are in other type of Stateroom then you are WORLD CLASS CRUISER.

In this case checkout your STAR NAVIGATOR newsheet which is delivered to your cabin each evening . That will tell you when bookings open and the phone number/ reception point to make bookings .

Hi

Les looks like you are doing the same 2 week trip as we are but the other way around , looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back or if you get online during your cruise.Did your tickets come, ours came today , did you use a local Ta or an online one

Have a great cruise

Roger:)

Hi All

Yes just hooked, but I'm not so sure, we FINALLY received all our tickets and documentation today and whilst reading through the itinniary it says we start in SG the go to HCNC via Koh Samui then back to SG via Tioman then KL,Penang,Krabi,Phuket,Langkawi,SG.

This is totally opposite to what is shown on Star's brochure, so I am at a complete loss as to which way we will go. I have tentativily booked car hire and drivers in all our stops for certain dates and will have to change them all.

Does someone out there know what the correct order will be starting in SG on the 16th September. Maybe Mike or Kuldalai might know.

But apart from that we are all really excited now that tickets are in the hand.

I have found out where in all the destinations I can access wireless internet hotspots and were to get internet providers.

So hopefully I can post a running dialogue of what is happening and info for future travelers.

After Kuldalai's last post about what to take and not to take I have re thinked the whole packing experience. The trouble is the fear of being there and suddenly finding out " why did I leave it behind"

Anyway, what a great problem to have!!

Cheers

Les

Hi All

Yes just hooked, but I'm not so sure, we FINALLY received all our tickets and documentation today and whilst reading through the itinniary it says we start in SG the go to HCNC via Koh Samui then back to SG via Tioman then KL,Penang,Krabi,Phuket,Langkawi,SG.

This is totally opposite to what is shown on Star's brochure, so I am at a complete loss as to which way we will go. I have tentativily booked car hire and drivers in all our stops for certain dates and will have to change them all.

Does someone out there know what the correct order will be starting in SG on the 16th September. Maybe Mike or Kuldalai might know.

But apart from that we are all really excited now that tickets are in the hand.

I have found out where in all the destinations I can access wireless internet hotspots and were to get internet providers.

So hopefully I can post a running dialogue of what is happening and info for future travelers.

After Kuldalai's last post about what to take and not to take I have re thinked the whole packing experience. The trouble is the fear of being there and suddenly finding out " why did I leave it behind"

Anyway, what a great problem to have!!

Cheers

Les

Les - before you change all your shore arrangements - who has written the itinerary ?? Is it an itinerary issued by Starcruises or is it something your TA has put together? If it is the latter, maybe they have got their wires crossed. According to the Starcruises website you should expect to go towards Phuket the first week and towards HCMC the second.

If all else fails, phone the Starcruises office in Singapore and ask them (don't bother with an email - it takes ages for them to answer :rolleyes: )

Good luck :)

Some Aus agents have added an additional GEMINI itinerary for Summer Season but not on Star website as yet . Extra itinerary uses return leg of current Sydney - Cairns cruise matched with part of the return trip Sydney - Singapore to create a cruise of x days departing Cairns as a round trip to Sydney late January 2008.