Travel down Metro North to Grand Central Station to the Noregian pier.

Fishkillbill

42 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

We are seniors and am concerned about dragging heavy suit cases on Metro North to the pier. Do we have to go up any stairs? If we could easily get to the street, we would just take a cab to the pier. 

I did this once and found smooth rolling until I went to go into the subway, which you are not doing. 

Getting on towards the front of the train will shorten your roll. I was patient getting off and let the crowd clear before rolling down the platform. 

If you are coming from Fishkill you may want to consider going to Newburgh ad picking up Yankee Trails Cruise Express. they make a stop there at Walmart and you can leave a car  there. It is $90 pp R/T but they put your luggage on the bus and when you arrive at the port, the porters unload it and take it away. And they are waiting for you when you get off the ship.

11 minutes ago, kingston13 said:

If you are coming from Fishkill you may want to consider going to Newburgh ad picking up Yankee Trails Cruise Express. they make a stop there at Walmart and you can leave a car  there. It is $90 pp R/T but they put your luggage on the bus and when you arrive at the port, the porters unload it and take it away. And they are waiting for you when you get off the ship.

Wow, I never heard of them. I'll check them out. Just not sure about leaving my car in Newburgh for a week.

4 hours ago, Fishkillbill said:

Wow, I never heard of them. I'll check them out. Just not sure about leaving my car in Newburgh for a week.

Definitely call them. I take them from Kingston when I cruise from NY.  The Walmart lot is pretty well lit and is not right in the city but check it out.

The train would be a lot cheaper. The bus would be $90 each plus $3 tolls. That = $183. The train is $8.50 each, one way. Then the cost of taxis to and from GCT. 

I'm reading some mixed messages about the bus. Mainly coming home. Long waits and missing busses. 

You will definitely save money with the train. I have used them about 7 times and never had an issue - I listed my cell # in the reservation and they tend to text if you aren't by the bus when returning to tell you exactly where they are. But remember, if they get you there around 11 when you leave they will be arriving the same time when you are going home.   Either way you choose have a great cruise!