Bottle of wine for a friend

sjaak

I've tried the search function but could not find an answer to my question. So hopefully someone can help me with this.

In a couple of weeks we will be sailing with friends. One of them has his birthday some days before we leave, so we want to surprise him with a bottle of wine in his cabin.

Through Manage my booking I can order wine for our own cabin, but it seems it is not possible to have it delivered in another cabin? Or do I miss something? And if I'm right is there another way to have this arranged before boarding?

Thank you!

You’re right when you say you can’t do it through Manage the Booking. 

Those special requests can be made by calling princess directly and making arrangements with them. I think that’s assuming you’re not using a TA. Otherwise, the request needs to come from the TA. 

Glenn

The process isn't through Manage Bookings because they want to encourage people who are not sailing to buy gifts for friends and family who are sailing.

On the Princess website go to Gifts and Services (https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/)  and click on the link 'gifting for someone special?'  Fill out the guest's info, click on shopping, click on Princess Cellars.

Edited by capriccio

I have done this several times.  My best advice is to call Princess directly and place your order.  It will help if you look at what's available first.  When you call, make sure you tell them if it is meant to be a surprise so it doesn't show up in their personalizer.  I have not had a problem doing this even when I had a TA.  Be aware that the bottle won't be waiting in the stateroom, they will get an envelope with a voucher for the wine.  If you want the bottle delivered to the room, you may have to buy a Bon Voyage package.

When friends followed the process in my post #3 to gave us a bottle of scotch and flowers (on two different cruises a few years ago), the gifts were in our cabin upon boarding with a gift card from our friends.  We didn't have to pick them up and we were truly surprised.  Nothing showed up on our personalizer in advance.

Edited by capriccio

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

When friends followed the process in my post #3 to gave us a bottle of scotch and flowers (on two different cruises a few years ago), the gifts were in our cabin upon boarding with a gift card from our friends.  We didn't have to pick them up and we were truly surprised.  Nothing showed up on our personalizer in advance.

Good friends! :classic_tongue:

On 2/15/2019 at 3:02 AM, sjaak said:

I've tried the search function but could not find an answer to my question. So hopefully someone can help me with this.

In a couple of weeks we will be sailing with friends. One of them has his birthday some days before we leave, so we want to surprise him with a bottle of wine in his cabin.

Through Manage my booking I can order wine for our own cabin, but it seems it is not possible to have it delivered in another cabin? Or do I miss something? And if I'm right is there another way to have this arranged before boarding?

Thank you!

This is absolutely possible!

No need to call Princess. You do not order through your booking.

Go to the Princess main page and choose the booked guests option. Then drop down choose give a guest a gift.

Supply the required info to locate the guests booking and choose the gift. It's very easy.

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/thirdPartyGifting/searchLanding.page