Disembarking in Seattle Zandaam

babytraveler

Hi. Seeking info from all you experts.

If the ship docks at 7am, what time do passengers actually disembark? How far from dock to Seattle airport? What's the earliest flight I can book?

The latest flight home is 11am. I'm wondering if I have to book an additional night in Seattle...

Thanks as always!!!!

cross posting on Alaska board...

Passengers generally begin disembarkation around 9:00. Much depends on the cooperation of all passengers in clearing their accounts and immigration.

I believe it's only about 15 miles down to SeaTac airport, but the drive can take 45 minutes depending on the traffic. I believe an 11:00 flight is cutting it a little close. IF all works well, IF you can disembark early and find your luggage, and IF traffic is normal ... you could make it. Personally, I'd not risk it.

I agree with Jim - 11am might be pushing it. I've only docked in Seattle twice, but both times for whatever reason (usually passengers with unsettled accounts), it's been a nightmare for customs to clear the ship. I think the earliest I've managed to be off was 9:30am, with the ship docking at 7.

If you do have an early flight and you place that information on the disembarkation card you recieve on the first or second day of your cruise, they should let you off first, but again, there's a lot of unknowns.

Good luck!

If you do stay in Seattle, you will have a lot more fun if you choose a hotel downtown, rather than near the airport. Downtown Seattle has a lot of good shopping (Nordstrom Store #1, the Pike Place Market, the Elliott Bay Book Company in Pioneer Square, to name just a few examples); wonderful dining (the Metropolitan Grill for steaks, your choice of places along the waterfront for seafood, afternoon tea at the Olympic Four Seasons Hotel, and lots more, not to mention an average of 2 Starbucks per block); and fun activities (take the Underground Tour, take the ferry to Bremerton and back, take the Monorail up to the Space Needle, visit the Klondike Gold Rush National Park, the only national park I know of in a city storefront (it's also in Pioneer Square), etc.). All of this is within walking/escalator/free bus ride distance from each other (do ask the locals or the concierge where the escalators are).

What's not to like, especially compared to stressing out trying to rush? :)

Lines for check-in and security screening can be horrendous at SEA-TAC on summer weekend days. You really need to arrive two hours prior to departure. It easily take an hour or more to get from the front door to your gate. Seattle is a very popular summer tourist destination for more than just cruise passengers.

Thanks, as always. I'm thinking that extra day in Seattle looks good...

TWO extra days in Seattle look even better. One of the most interesting, beautiful, fun, and diverse cities in the country. Strolling the waterfront, going to PPl Market, eating seafood, and taking a ferry for the fun of it is worth at least a day in itself! Then you've got Pioneer Square, the Space Needle, Mt. Rainier, Asian food, and all kinds of other stuff to consider.

Yes, definetely stay over!

Well, if you're spending more time in Seattle (recommended) then visit the air museum out at Boeing Field. Very nicely done, and featuring the "Air Force One" used by Henry Kissinger during his shuttle diplomacy era. (And by the president, of course.) It's just north of SeaTac.

"Hi. Seeking info from all you experts.

If the ship docks at 7am, what time do passengers actually disembark? How far from dock to Seattle airport? What's the earliest flight I can book?

The latest flight home is 11am. I'm wondering if I have to book an additional night in Seattle."

Or three or four! Seattle is a great town for visitors. If you've never been, settle in for a few days of fun, adventure and gastronomical delights. On your, last day go to Pike's Market and take home a fresh caught and steaked King Salmon. Better yet, visit Pike's every day for fresh fruits, veggies and lunch. Evening's at the Ballet or Opera - they give great Wagner!

http://seattle.citysearch.com/?brand=sidewalk

cross posting on Alaska board...

I was in Seattle about ten years ago. A friend and I wandered the area around the waterfront and fish market. Some good shopping for west coast art work and pottery back then. Also, we spent some time in the markets and marveled at the varieties of fresh fish and produce. The show the vendors put on was a real hoot!

I was in Seattle about ten years ago. A friend and I wandered the area around the waterfront and fish market. Some good shopping for west coast art work and pottery back then. Also, we spent some time in the markets and marveled at the varieties of fresh fish and produce. The show the vendors put on was a real hoot!

Pikes Market, the fish market by the pig. :)

Archived