STROBE LIGHTING

Babs02

This is our first NCL cruise on the Dawn in May. We are thinking about booking a dinner show but DD has problems with lighting. 

Is there strobe or fast flickering lighting at the dinner show?

Don't want to book and then find we can't go once on board. Or should we book on board and then speak to entertainment team?

Any advice would be good.

14 minutes ago, Babs02 said:

This is our first NCL cruise on the Dawn in May. We are thinking about booking a dinner show but DD has problems with lighting. 

Is there strobe or fast flickering lighting at the dinner show?

Don't want to book and then find we can't go once on board. Or should we book on board and then speak to entertainment team?

Any advice would be good.

I would suggest emailing the special needs folks at NCL

"accessdesk@ncl.com" <accessdesk@ncl.com>

Explain your concerns and ask about the specific venue, but also ask about any other places that might be of concern.

We've found cruise lines "special needs" groups to be very responsive and helpful.

GC

I am not sure there is a Dinner show on the Dawn, we were on her a couple of months ago.  The shows in the theater do have lots of flashing strobes and spotlights as do some other venues like the bliss lounge.   There is no warning and they are very bright.  If your daughter  has a problem all she  can do is close his eyes after the first hint of trouble.  Ocular migraine sufferers may have a problem.   

Edited by armwinder

2 hours ago, armwinder said:

I am not sure there is a Dinner show on the Dawn, we were on her a couple of months ago.  The shows in the theater do have lots of flashing strobes and spotlights as do some other venues like the bliss lounge.   There is no warning and they are very bright.  If your daughter  has a problem all she  can do is close his eyes after the first hint of trouble.  Ocular migraine sufferers may have a problem. 

Unfortunately closing her eyes isn't an option she has epilepsy.

Looks like we will have to check with the entertainment team on the ship to see what shows are suitable.  

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

The dinner shows are only on the larger ships (the so-called "mega ships"), so definitely not on the Norwegian Dawn.

Thanks it was showing on the planner obviously the website is generic

1 hour ago, Babs02 said:

I have no experience regarding epilepsy but do understand that closing her eyes would not be an option. I find find the strobes very bright and that coupled with the extremely loud music does not work for me.  The strobes are on revolving bases that not only go around and around but up and down simultaneously whilst changing colour.   I think you are correct in thinking it may not be a good environment for her. I hope this information helps a little.

18 hours ago, armwinder said:

I have no experience regarding epilepsy but do understand that closing her eyes would not be an option. I find find the strobes very bright and that coupled with the extremely loud music does not work for me.  The strobes are on revolving bases that not only go around and around but up and down simultaneously whilst changing colour.   I think you are correct in thinking it may not be a good environment for her. I hope this information helps a little.

Thanks for this information it definitely helps to know in advance these things