Just booked an Alaskan connoisseur tour for June 2020!

disneyochem

Yay!  We finally pulled the trigger and booked a connoisseur tour for next summer!  We've been to Alaska before (4 cruises) but never a land tour.  First time on Princess--have been enjoying all of the great information on these boards.  We are also going to Alaska this year (10-day out of SF) on the Grand Princess to be sure that we like Princess Cruises!

(And, yes, I know we can do the tour much cheaper DIY but hubby wants to give this to me for a 25th anniversary present.  I'm the one who always does the planning so he wanted me to relax this trip.  He knows me though--we will have three days prior to getting on the tour so I will get to plan at least 3 land days!)

• Like 1

We actually booked the 10-day land tour--just thought if we were going to do it, then let's do it!

No promotion yet--just got some OBC from our travel agent.  She seems to think that we'll be able to get the promotions as they come since we booked so far in advance.  "The price quoted is not the price you will pay."

We decided to book also because folks have told us that the connoisseur tours (especially certain dates) tend to sell out.

• Like 1

We did a 13 day connoisseur cruise tour in 2016 (6 days on land and then 7 day southbound cruise) and loved it. That one had two days each at Denali lodge and McKinley lodge. We liked it so much that we're booked for a 15 day connoisseur cruise tour in May. That one goes to Denali lodge, Kenai Lodge, and Copper River lodge and then the 7 day southbound to Vancouver. We're really looking forward to the trip. If you are visiting McKinley lodge you "may" get lucky and see the mountain come out from behind the clouds. We saw it on the last day of our stay when we went in 2016. There was a couple in our group who were there for the fifth time and it was the first time they had ever actually seen the mountain.

• Like 2