Norwegian Sky Dining

Smokey596

I know the Sky has two main dining rooms and freestyle dining, but I've never experienced that before. I saw an option for making a reservation with the app, but do we have to do that or can we just show up and be seated whenever?

Also, are there formal dining nights?

Thank you for the help! We sail a week from Wednesday!

You absolutely don't need an MDR reservation on the Sky unless you have a really large group (8+).  You can just show up and they will seat you. There may be a short wait when it is really busy, like 5 minutes or so. 

Technically there are no required formal nights on NCL. They have a "Dress Up or Not" night. You will see anything from ballgowns to jeans. You just have to keep in mind the dress code. On the Sky the aft MDR requires long pants for men. The Palace (midship MDR) does not.

Hopefully this helps!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Smokey596 said:

It does! Thank you! By the way, do you (or does anyone else) know if dinner menus are available ahead of time like on their app?

Unfortunately not. They will have them posted outside the MDRs well before dinner though! The menu in both is the same. Crossings (aft) is only open for dinner - they will have the new menu up not too long after they close for that day's dinner. Or, on embarkation day it will be posted already.

Palace (mid) is open for breakfast and lunch. As soon as they close for one meal they will post the next meal's menu. 

You can find the menus next to the entrances of all the dining venues.

8 hours ago, Smokey596 said:

I know the Sky has two main dining rooms and freestyle dining, but I've never experienced that before. I saw an option for making a reservation with the app, but do we have to do that or can we just show up and be seated whenever? Also, are there formal dining nights? Thank you for the help! We sail a week from Wednesday!

You can show up and be seated in a table to yourself at any time (no reservations required). 

As stated above, NCL embraces the philosophy of Dress Up Or Not. Shorts are allowed in ALL restaurants for ALL meals except the Crossing MDR and Le Bistro specialty restaurant where gents are asked to wear long pants (jeans, dockers). 

On the Sky, the majority of people are dressed very casually (shorts) for all meals. 

NCL rotates through a set of 14 menus in their MDRs. Menus are not posted in advance. 

Enjoy the brand new Sky!