Booking Problem

Hi, it’s been a while. A quick background, we live US side and parents and siblings still live in UK. Last time we booked a family cruise we were able to do that all UK side but this time we are being told no. We are looking at the RCL June 8 2019 cruises, can anyone help and advise?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Missbollinger said:

That’s what I said too, I think this is just an agent who doesn’t want their business, sad but true.

Officially according to the terms and conditions that travel agents agree to with Royal they must only operate and take bookings for regions which they are registered.  Unofficially bookings do happen.  Also agents may be registered in more than one region.

Officially according to the terms and conditions that travel agents agree to with Royal they must only operate and take bookings for regions which they are registered.  Unofficially bookings do happen.  Also agents may be registered in more than one region.

All but one member of the party are British Citizens. Also by separating the bookings we have to book an extra cabin because originally 2 of our children were going to share a cabin with grandparents.

20 minutes ago, Missbollinger said:

All but one member of the party are British Citizens. Also by separating the bookings we have to book an extra cabin because originally 2 of our children were going to share a cabin with grandparents.

Royal doesn’t care about citizenship...only residence address.

To avoid the extra cabin could your someone else book in with your grandparents (on paper only), your kids books room, then swap rooms once on board.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Royal doesn’t care about citizenship...only residence address.

To avoid the extra cabin could your someone else book in with your grandparents (on paper only), your kids books room, then swap rooms once on board.

If we book together, we only need 3 full occupancy cabins. By separating it we have to book 2 there and 2 here.

1 minute ago, Missbollinger said:

If we book together, we only need 3 full occupancy cabins. By separating it we have to book 2 there and 2 here.

Gotcha.

Are you booking direct or through a TA over there.  Did you try just using an address over there for everyone?

Gotcha.

Are you booking direct or through a TA over there.  Did you try just using an address over there for everyone?

Through a TA, going to try the one we used last time, she wasn’t in when I inquired. We would all book and use one address.

As a US citizen that lives in the UK, I have had a lot of problems similar to what you're experiencing. My best advice from experience is to lie -- just book it all from one persons side (either yours or theirs), figure out your money situation, and then go from there. As long as the person booking is resident in the country of the booking (ie. if you book from the US, that's fine, or they book from the UK, also fine), just don't try to do it separately. Also, frankly, just do not MENTION that the other party is in another country. If they ask for citizenship, provide it, but ... imply ... that you are all resident under one roof. (Even if that's only when you're visiting one another!)

Once you're booked the problems should stop. Just be careful if you are speaking over the phone about things, as the agents appear to be trained to panic if they even get a whiff that part of the booking may not be from whichever side of the pond they are based in!

• Like 2

As a US citizen that lives in the UK, I have had a lot of problems similar to what you're experiencing. My best advice from experience is to lie -- just book it all from one persons side (either yours or theirs), figure out your money situation, and then go from there. As long as the person booking is resident in the country of the booking (ie. if you book from the US, that's fine, or they book from the UK, also fine), just don't try to do it separately. Also, frankly, just do not MENTION that the other party is in another country. If they ask for citizenship, provide it, but ... imply ... that you are all resident under one roof. (Even if that's only when you're visiting one another!)

Once you're booked the problems should stop. Just be careful if you are speaking over the phone about things, as the agents appear to be trained to panic if they even get a whiff that part of the booking may not be from whichever side of the pond they are based in!

If everything goes to plan, we will be booked and it will be a done deal come Thursday!

I guess I've been lucky.  We have never experienced a problem.  I'm in Australia and book through a US Travel Agent.  We've booked all our cruises with her.  Last time we rebooked on board and added her to the booking while we were onboard.  RCI didn't have a problem with it.