Watching YouTube Onboard the Victory

Amber2018

1 hour ago, saharaga said:

Nope. They can barely support social media. I tried to upload a 30 second video to Instagram on the Glory in December. It took 5 hours! I gave up on uploading pictures to Facebook. 

That sucks. Going to be on Glory in June and like to stay connected. Guess that is not going to happen.

Last week I was spoiled by MedallionNet so now anything less will be a disappointment. Carnival needs to hurry up and roll this out on all their ships

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporations-medallionnet-to-set-industry-apex-for-wi-fi-bandwidth-capacity-at-sea-powered-by-ses-networks-300603933.html

The Youtube website and Youtube video links on other websites won't work.

The Youtube app does work, at least on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and S7. I always get the value plan.  I have used the Youtube app on the Triumph in 2/2017, Legend in 5/2017, Triumph in 1/2018, Dream in 1/2018, and Sunshine in 2/2019.  I honestly think the Youtube app worked better than general web browsing.  Each video buffered for up to around 30 seconds before starting.  Once the video started, it almost never buffered again.  Every video usually played through to the end with no interruptions.

Edited by Tiger0613

You’ll be lucky to get google to load 90% of the time. Kind of ruined my trip this past week. I was trying to follow a race at Daytona on Thursday, and I couldn’t access any websites, including twitter. Only positive, carnival didn’t put up any fuss and refunded the cost. So they know it’s trash.