Rain gear

SueKL

We went to Alaska in mid May and had very nice weather. A little drizzle in Ketchican only. I did not take rain pants and never even considered them as I don’t own any. I took an unlined wind breaker that has a hood and wore that over other layers and that was enough. I did not take a heavy jacket but I did check the weather before leaving home and planned accordingly. I recall reading discussions here on CC over on the Alaska board about rain pants so you might check there for additional info.  Haven’t visited that board in a few years so not sure what you might find now. 

• Like 1

You are welcome! I’m sorry that I didn’t notice that you are new to CC. Welcome! Lots of good info here. I spent a lot of time on the Alaska board when I was planning our cruise. I found really good suggestions for port tours and things to do as well as clothing information. 

Sharon 

I have a light weight LL Bean rain jacket that I take on every trip.  If it doesn't rain, it works as a wind breaker. If I'm actively walking around, I can stay comfortable into the 40s with some light layers under the rain jacket. The thing has gone all over the world with me.

• 2 weeks later...