Visas

web1948

We're booked on the MSC Splendida for February 2020 52 night Shanghai to Southampton cruise, from what I can remember I don't think I needed to apply for travel visas for any of our cruises before,  can anyone tell me whether or not I need to apply for Shanghi China as we are staying overnight in a hotel before the cruise begins, thanks

This is what I found for UK citizens going to China:

Since 2016, certain nationalities can apply for a Chinese visa directly online. iVisa is one of the few authorized companies that can handle this new China Group eVisa, which is different from the traditional 10-year Chinese visa. The Group eVisa is only issued to tourist groups with 2 or more members who must travel together in China. It is issued for single entry only and it is valid for 15 days after arrival. The China Group eVisa is issued on a separate sheet instead of visa sticker on the individual passport.

You only need to fill out our online form and we will do the rest. You don't need to send off your passport to any embassy as we only require a digital copy. Once your visa is issued by the Government of China, we will FedEx the actual visa to your home 15 days before your departure. This is because it must be used within 15 days of it being issued. Travelers must bring the document we FedEx along with their passports to enter China. This visa is authorized by the Ministry of Public Safety of the People’s Republic of China.

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
  • Minimum of 2 people traveling together.
  • A digital passport copy of each passenger. Remember that your passport must have at least 6 more months of validity left.
  • A recently-taken colour passport photo
  • Return airline ticket.
  • Copy of the Chinese hotel reservation/Invitation letter from your Chinese host.
  • Credit/debit card, PayPal Account to pay for your visa online.
  • Valid postal address.

AND

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
  • The China Group e-Visa is valid for 15 days from the time of arrival.
  • Once your visa is issued by the Government of China, we will FedEx the actual visa to your home 15 days before your departure. This is because it must be used within 15 days of it being issued.
  • The China Group e-Visa is a single entry visa.
  • Applicants must be outside the Republic of China when applying for this visa.
  • You must have a valid confirmed onward travel ticket to leave China.
  • You must have a travel document/passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in China.
  • Super rush processing times for China Group visas are approximately 5 working days.
  • All travelers in the group must enter and depart China on the same flight, at the same time, using the same port of entry and exit as well as the same itinerary while in China.
  • The group must consist of a minimum of 2 people.

Edited by kevinrobedm

Hi again

There is something called Transit Visa Exemption for China if you google that it should help. Unfortunately visas are different for people from different countries, you need to be sure it is for UK 🇬🇧. That is assuming you have a UK passport 

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

Is Shanghai your only stop in China, if so you can use the free 72 hour entry in Shanghai, if you have multiple chinese stops (excluding Hong Kong)  you will need a full visa.

Ziggy, the OP is staying in Shanghai overnight before boarding the ship.

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Ziggy, the OP is staying in Shanghai overnight before boarding the ship.

That will be OK for the 72 hour entry as long as there are no more chinese stops after Shanghai.

• Like 1