Large party anytime dining

NCbmwmom

This will be our first time doing anytime dining, we normally do late. Thought we would try something different this cruise. Sensation from Miami in April BTW. Our party has grown from our normal 8 to 15. 9 adults, the rest kids ranging from 1 10 year old and 5 16/17 year olds. Only one boy in the group.  We have NO problem being separated from the teens. Is it possible to have such a large group sat together. Meaning adults at one table, kids at other table. All the kids save one have been on at least 6-10 cruises, so they know the ins and outs of MDR dining edicate. But we still would like to be close. Not a huge biggie if we can’t, but we would like to be seated close to the same time as the other table.  

4 minutes ago, NCbmwmom said:

This will be our first time doing anytime dining, we normally do late. Thought we would try something different this cruise. Sensation from Miami in April BTW. Our party has grown from our normal 8 to 15. 9 adults, the rest kids ranging from 1 10 year old and 5 16/17 year olds. Only one boy in the group.  We have NO problem being separated from the teens. Is it possible to have such a large group sat together. Meaning adults at one table, kids at other table. All the kids save one have been on at least 6-10 cruises, so they know the ins and outs of MDR dining edicate. But we still would like to be close. Not a huge biggie if we can’t, but we would like to be seated close to the same time as the other table.  

Yes, that's possible, and desirable.  It will be easier to seat your group if you split up into 2-3 groups, and go to the DR either very early or late (after 7:30 pm).  

Roz

If you're flexible, it will probably be okay.  That being said, you can imagine if you go at peak dining times, it's not going to be easy to get two tables, one for 9 and one for 6, close together.  You may end up waiting for a while.

We usually go with YTD also, but on our most recent cruise we switched to early because our party had grown to 12.  It was just so much simpler with assigned dining with a large party, and, with 12 at least, we were all able to be seated at the same table.

Edited by CruzCrazy

We may not even want to eat all together each night, so those would probably be easy to seat. We have always gotten late, so obviously we like to eat late. Even later than normal late dining will be a great option this time. There’s a lot of girls to get ready by 8:15. Ha ha doubt we would want to be seated before 8 any night. Just hate to be a pITA for the dining staff. 

It's rather easy with anytime dining- we had 15 last cruise -8 adult-adults & 7 young adults (all boys18-26 yrs old). We sat at 2 tables close together for dinner; cruise prior we had 14- same thing and the one before that we had 9  people (we all sat at the same table for that one though). As others have said some nights you might have to wait -no more than 15-20 minutes even on cruise elegant night and we always went between 7-7:30.   

This question is perfect timing for me! I have a large family and we are traveling with my mom and brother's family in a few weeks. I linked our bookings but I have been waitlisted for early dining, my brother's room is waitlisted for anytime, and my Mom's room has anytime right now.

I like anytime but thought that since there are 11 of us traveling together it would be a long time for them to find a table(s) for us to eat together. So this eases my mind a bit.

I am still hoping that we somehow end up on early dining (I'll try once on board) so that it'll be easier but this eases my mind that we won't be too bad off with anytime.