San Juan Pan American Pier luggage drop off

Jezabel2924

From our one time there and a another recent post, Pan Am pier is a bit different.  You all line up to enter the terminal and just before you take a right to go into the building there are people there collecting your bags.  It isn't really that easy to bypass from the outside although maybe possible.  Otherwise, you'd be stuck in line behind anyone else getting there before you and until they start letting people into the terminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would say the earliest about 11.30-12.00. We started queuing about 11am, and nothing started happening until about 11.45 although we were booked for 11.00-11.30. The place is very unorganised the checkin staff are useless, I witnessed two cases being tossed from a stacker truck, only to see the wheels kicked into the sea, our cases arrived at our room at 8pm.

Not good! But cruise was fantastic 

• Thanks 1

We've sailed twice in the last two years out of San Juan - both times they didn't start accepting luggage until about 10:15 and you have to line up to drop your luggage off with the porters.  We arrived about 10 am and waited in line both times.  I don't know if it's always that way, but was our experience the last two cruises.

• Thanks 1