civitavecchia port

cruiselove87

On 3/5/2019 at 8:15 PM, cruiselove87 said:

did you book the transportation through ncl? was the hotel booked through ncl as well? do you remember how much it cost?

Booked through NCL hotel and transport. I don't remember the cost, but do remember it was seemless and easy. The only thing that was surprising however, was the co-ed bathroom at a rest stop about an hour into the bus ride.

We stayed in Rome for 3 nights prior to cruise and arranged a private van for 4 of us from hotel to port via online booking.

It worked out to about $50 CDN pp. 

The trip was around an hour and the driver dropped us off at the port gates where there were lines for 3 different cruise ships.  We gathered our luggage and stood in line ( under shade canopy) until the large bus/ shuttle for our ship came around.  It was about 5 min drive to terminal and was easy breezy luggage drop, through security and onto ship 

Edited by tanyaewa

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, MHKBCrusin said:

If you are coming in from a hotel in Rome it is a couple hour trip as I remember it. Definately too long for a taxi unless you have a suitcase full of cash to pay or have some type of prearranged transport. We took the NCL transport from the airport Hilton.

We took a private service last year and it was a bit over an hour drive -- they go very fast -- and it was $100 for the two of us. I just want one that has the special permit to take us to the ship and avoid the lines and having to take a shuttle bus to the ship.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, MHKBCrusin said:

Booked through NCL hotel and transport. I don't remember the cost, but do remember it was seemless and easy. The only thing that was surprising however, was the co-ed bathroom at a rest stop about an hour into the bus ride.

We didn't stop, but our private driver told us the stretch is known for gypsy prostitution.  We actually saw two ladies in two different locations.