Celebrity Silhouette. Couple of questions

Trickster999

Hi.

we are on the Baltic Cruise out of Southampton 19th May.

1. Are there tea making facilities in the balcony state rooms

2. Can you get water in the classic drinks package

3.Can you bring water back on board from shore trips

4. Are there tea/coffee stations around the ship.

Thanks very much

51 minutes ago, Trickster999 said:

Hi.

we are on the Baltic Cruise out of Southampton 19th May.

1. Are there tea making facilities in the balcony state rooms

2. Can you get water in the classic drinks package

3.Can you bring water back on board from shore trips

4. Are there tea/coffee stations around the ship.

Thanks very much

I was on a Baltic itinerary out of Southampton (on Silhouette) last summer. We were in a Veranda stateroom.

1. Yes (and it was lovely to be able to make tea in our stateroom)

2. Yes

3. Yes, though I’ve not personally tried to bring more than a liter bottle at a time.

4. Yes. There is always at least one available in the Ocean View Cafe (buffet) on deck 12 aft. There is also one in the Hideaway (midship, deck 7).

As a previous poster said, coffees (such as espresso, cafe latte) and teas (loose teas brewed in teapots) are available in Cafe al Bacio (midship, deck 5) and I believe all (non-alcoholic) coffees, and teas served there are included in the Classic drinks package. Cafe al Bacio has various pastries, cookies, cakes, and tortes available also.

I always carry a few of my own emergency teabags just in case I don’t like hotel teas (Twinings English Breakfast, which is easy for me to find in the US, or Yorkshire tea if I’ve just obtained a supply from family there). I’ve found decent teas on Celebrity ships, but it’s not uncommon for the good stuff to run out before the end of the cruise😉

I hope you have a lovely holiday. Cheers!

Edited by Silkroad

29 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I was on a Baltic itinerary out of Southampton (on Silhouette) last summer. We were in a Veranda stateroom.

1. Yes (and it was lovely to be able to make tea in our stateroom)

2. Yes

3. Yes, though I’ve not personally tried to bring more than a liter bottle at a time.

4. Yes. There is always at least one available in the Ocean View Cafe (buffet) on deck 12 aft. There is also one in the Hideaway (midship, deck 7).

As a previous poster said, coffees (such as espresso, cafe latte) and teas (loose teas brewed in teapots) are available in Cafe al Bacio (midship, deck 5) and I believe all (non-alcoholic) coffees, and teas served there are included in the Classic drinks package. Cafe al Bacio has various pastries, cookies, cakes, and tortes available also.

I always carry a few of my own emergency teabags just in case I don’t like hotel teas (Twinings English Breakfast, which is easy for me to find in the US, or Yorkshire tea if I’ve just obtained a supply from family there). I’ve found decent teas on Celebrity ships, but it’s not uncommon for the good stuff to run out before the end of the cruise😉

I hope you have a lovely holiday. Cheers!

I always have breakfast on my balcony and bring David's tea from home. Order 2 pots of water 1 to have  tea with breakfast and the other to bring to pool deck or take on a shore excursion. Can make it iced tea as well. 

12 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I always have breakfast on my balcony and bring David's tea from home. Order 2 pots of water 1 to have  tea with breakfast and the other to bring to pool deck or take on a shore excursion. Can make it iced tea as well. 

I’ll have to look for David’s tea next time I’m in Canada🙂

I just want to clarify that on itineraries for which tea making facilities are provided in the room, an electric kettle is included, so there’s no need to request extra pots of water unless you want to make a large quantity of tea at one time. Also, one can request an electric kettle on non-UK cruises. They usually have a few aboard. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Silkroad said:

On the Reflection and Eclipse, with the Classic package, alcoholic coffees were included.

Has this now  changed?

10 hours ago, Silkroad said: