$10 surcharge MDR

VitaminSea53

My friends are on the Oosterdam right now.

I can tell you that (Thankfully they read CC) they were not happy about this.  They had NO notification from HAL (shades of the wine policy they were bringing out in days of yore ?). Is this fair?  I think not.

Like me, they don’t do surf and turf.  They prefer to skip the turf and get two surfs  (Let’s face it the lobsters are not that large most times and two are not hard to consume if you skip the filet).

They are in not cheap cabins, it’s a bucket list cruise with a good price attached to it 

They are on their cruise having a great time but I bet dollars to donuts that they will fight this.  And, frankly I don’t blame them.

And yes, the $10 surcharge is on their MDR menu.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I sail on Oosterdam in two weeks.  You can be sure I'll report back about this test policy.  All of us were shocked to learn we're on one of the "test" ships.  Had I not read about this policy on CC, I wouldn't have known about it at all.  No emails, no phone calls from PCC to alert me of this new policy.  The roll-out with no advance notice bothers me.  I promise to report back, VitaminSea53.

Thanks SevenSeasNomad!  We look forward to your report.