Carnival Spirit Great Barrier Cruise

We are booked on the Carnival Spirits Great Barrier 8 night Cruise (June 19th) as our very first cruise (got a great deal šŸ˜›) and now I can't find anything about it? I can find reviews/youtube videos etc of the Pacific route they take (New Caledonia, Vanuatu etc) but nothing about the Queensland trip.Ā 

Especially as its our first time cruising I'm really keen to find out pretty much as much as possible about everything so I'd really appreciate anything anyone has to say!Ā 

We'll have our 2 kids (6&9) and as its out of school holidays for Aus and NZ will there still be many kids for them to hang out with? Are the kids clubs decent?Ā 

Ā 

šŸ™‚

Looking at the itinerary,

Moreton IslandĀ  is a tender port to Tangalooma Resort, nice beach and good swimming. There are wrecks to snorkel around but I suggest you go with an excursion for this as the currents are too strong to swim out without ha boat.

Arlie Beach has access to the GBR and I suggest an outer reef excursion, nice swimming, snorkelling,etc.

Willis Island is a cruise by the island (you do not get off), it has a bird nesting area and a weather station not much else. It serves as a international stop for duty free reasons.

I cannot answer for Gladstone, perhaps try the 'Ports of call' forum.

We were on the Carnival Spirit in January (school holidays) in the South Pacific.

Ā 

The pools and water slides are great for kids and more agile adults alike.

Ā 

There are two kids clubs, one for the younger kids and the other for teenagers.

Ā 

There are at least 2Ā areas with toys and activities for parents with younger kids, for informal play, as well as areas for ship coordinated activities. They know what they are doing, and the kids love it and are well cared for.

Ā 

There is an area for electronic games for kids (the arcade?) and it is hard to keep them out, as they give out plastic turtles etc as "prizes", or at least they did in January.

Ā 

The kids clubs will look after the kids for you as long as you wish, at least until 9Ā pm or so, and will even feed them if you want.

Ā 

There will be heaps of other children of all ages around for yours to play with.

Ā 

Our 3 year old grandson said it was "the best holiday ever" , his 5 year old cousin had a ball, and our two 8 year old granddaughters were just as enthusiastic.

Ā 

The evening karaoke welcomed kids until 9 pm, and it was very popular with them. So much so thatĀ  I hope never to hear a song from Frozen ever again!Ā 

Ā 

There is at least one giant outdoor movie screenĀ  in the main pool area which features kids and adult movies at different times.

Ā 

Snacks, self serve soft serve icecream is on tap, pizzas are always available.

Ā 

Enjoy your trip. Your kids certainly will!

Ā 

PS. just noticed you said it will be out of school holidays time. I still think there will be plenty of children around however as the ship is highly geared for them.

Ā 

Edited by Obilix