How do the Specialty Dining Packages work?

jlivings

I just booked a cruise on the Bliss with the specialty dining package and I was wondering how it works.  Do I choose the restaurants or are they chosen for me?  Will I need to make a reservation?  

You can choose them yourself. You just make reservations for them, either ahead of time when your reservation window opens(I think usually at 120 days out? Maybe 90 days?) or you can make them onboard at the touch screens or via the app. 

17 minutes ago, jlivings said:

Thank you.  Are all the specialty restaurants available to choose from?

Yes, but some have items at an upcharge. If you make your reservations online before the cruise and can't get a time you want--go ahead and book it anyway. They hold back a good portion of reservations until you get onboard. Once onboard, go to the customer service desk area in the Atrium and find the place where they book reservations and see if you can change them. I know the NYC port has a desk right there, while you wait to board, where you can make/adjust reservations. It's all good.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

what is the service charge? I know a 20% gratuity is added?

The service charge covers the gratuity. You will have already had that added to your total when you booked your cruise and selected the dining package. There's no additional charge on top of that unless you choose a restaurant with an upcharge (like Ocean Blue). One thing to note, an earlier poster said that all of the specialty restaurants are covered under the specialty dining package, but that is untrue. On the Bliss, Food Republic is not covered. It is straight a la carte pricing.

Most ships have the 5 basic specialty  Moderno / Teppannaki /  Cagneys / Le Bistro/ La Cuccino. Depending on your " perks " per cruise length and/or your Lattitude tier , you may be entitled to specialty every nite of your cruise. No matter what is stated , even if it says " a la carte " , you can order 1 of every category on a menu. Appetizer.soup.salad.main course.dessert. No Extra charge..

Cruised last month and ended up with 6.    4 " perked " &  2 lattitude.  Going to see what NCL throws me in Sept. lol

All good eateries to enjoy