Book internet when it's On sale, THEN cancel first one?

jkgourmet

Our friends have purchased one of the internet packages, and our sailing now has it for 20% off.  Can they purchase the SAME one at the sale price, THEN go back and cancel the first one for a full refund?  (They have decided they HAVE to get internet and will be worried about cancelling first, then re-booking.

If your friends purchased the package prior to boarding then they should be able to just call and have the cost difference refunded to their credit card.  We've done that with specialty dining and excursions that we've purchased and later discovered on sale prior to boarding.  Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are sailing October 19. At what point do the internet packages generally become discounted, if at all? Very overpriced at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

We have been waiting for a sale on the internet package since December. Finally I ordered it with the 20% off. It is still over priced. Now I have to use it to stream some video to make it worth.

😕

18 minutes ago, madmedic said:

We are sailing October 19. At what point do the internet packages generally become discounted, if at all? Very overpriced at the moment.

😕

It is hard to say as it is not very schedule specific. I have heard a similar sale in last October/November. So it may be every 4 months?

I just called Celebrity to cancel original internet pkg. and book the same pkg. taking advantage to the sale price.  While speaking with the person from Celebrity she looked at my booking and told me there was another pkg. available called the Simply Surfing Package and it was 50% cheaper than my original pkg.  I told her that it wasn't showing for me but she checked with others and said it was a good pkg so I booked it.  This pkg will not allow you to stream videos but only do web surfing, emails, etc. Since I would only be using the internet to stay connected at home and not be streaming anything I saved 50%.  Great deal for me!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sandy66 said:

I just called Celebrity to cancel original internet pkg. and book the same pkg. taking advantage to the sale price.  While speaking with the person from Celebrity she looked at my booking and told me there was another pkg. available called the Simply Surfing Package and it was 50% cheaper than my original pkg.  I told her that it wasn't showing for me but she checked with others and said it was a good pkg so I booked it.  This pkg will not allow you to stream videos but only do web surfing, emails, etc. Since I would only be using the internet to stay connected at home and not be streaming anything I saved 50%.  Great deal for me!!

Yes, that is the new package supposed to be available fleet wide but not on their website yet. I actually found it on the website but it would not allow me to add it to the cart. If you only need text based communication, that would be fine.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, could travel all the time said:

Forgive the question if it’s been asked...can you not go for the ‘go better / go best’ packages?? Are they not available on all cruise / itineraries ? Always thought they gave great value 😕

I could choose not to have the go better or go best with my TA as we don't drink much if any alcohol or plan to use OBC. The Go Better option would cost us $500 while the Go Best would cost me $1150 more. So we did not choose any perks to go with our original veranda stateroom booking. At the end, I choose the Go Better package when I upgraded my cabin to Concierge from 1A veranda since the cost for the stateroom has dropped so much that I would lose money if I do not add the package. I choose Classic Beverage Packages and $300 OBC (with additional $50 bonus) as the 2 Go Better perks and paid $240 for the whole upgrade. So basically, I earn back $110 plus 2 class beverage packages with the upgrade.

10 hours ago, could travel all the time said:

Forgive the question if it’s been asked...can you not go for the ‘go better / go best’ packages?? Are they not available on all cruise / itineraries ? Always thought they gave great value 😕

Not necessarily. On our last cruise the go best package was $540 pp. we already had the beverage package under go big. So the extra $540 would have gotten us:

upgrade to premium drink package - $141

$150 in OBC

free gratuities - $168

abd free internet - not sure if the value

so to but everything separately would have cost $467 plus the internet. The internet wasn’t worth $70 to us so not a great deal. If all of those items were important to you, then there would have been a discount to do it that way. We ended up not buying any of them except the gratuities and have a perfectly lovely cruise.

Edited by sanger727