Maui tours

cscherer

We are booked for our trip to Hawaii and have shore excursions booked for every island but Maui.....can anyone tell me how far maybe the beach is from where we come in at? Or if there is a car rental place with in walking distance.....none of the tours are connecting to us so I am trying to plan something myself ...or is there a bus hopping service for the area. Thank you 

The first thing you need to clarify is where you are coming ashore...docking at Kahalui, or tendering at Lahaina. That will determine everything.

There is tons of info on both areas just down the board. There is a standard public bus on Maui (not a hop on hop off), and it usually doesn't play into many people's plans on Maui.

Last cruise Hubby & I (docked at Kahului) walked to Queen Ka'ahumanu Mall (about 20 min, but could have caught a bus to the mall), where we then took a local bus across the Island to Lahina.  We strolled Front Street, had lunch at Cool Cats Cafe, further down the street we enjoyed a icy cold beverage overlooking the ocean, continued down to the Outlet Mall, then took the same bus back.  It was a great day.

We have been to Maui on land only trips many times so this was a easy relaxing visit to the Island.

Next month it’s Mom and I on the same cruise, where we will rent a car so I can show her the Maui that we love so much.  The rental shuttle picks us up at the pier.

23 minutes ago, cscherer said:

Sorry I forgot to say we are tendering in Lahaina !

OK, now you can start looking around the board...many discussions on what you can do. Ka'anapali is the closest beach...there is a shuttle to  Whalers Village to get you there. 15 or so minutes.

Generally there aren't rental car locations within walking distance, the closest ones are about 15 minutes by cab. There has been a couple of reports of one in Lahaina, but haven't seen that confirmed. If it is where I think it is, its walkable, but probably 20 minutes or so.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, CruiserBruce said:

OK, now you can start looking around the board...many discussions on what you can do. Ka'anapali is the closest beach...there is a shuttle to  Whalers Village to get you there. 15 or so minutes.

Generally there aren't rental car locations within walking distance, the closest ones are about 15 minutes by cab. There has been a couple of reports of one in Lahaina, but haven't seen that confirmed. If it is where I think it is, its walkable, but probably 20 minutes or so.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, CruiserBruce said: