Ice in the Neptune Lounge?

SempreMare

Didn't see it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there - definitely not an ice machine inside the NL. We took some glasses of ice tea to our room and inserted ice cubs from the bucket the stewards refresh every day

• Thanks 1

Haven't been on every ship in the fleet but the ones I have been on when I did the NS the NL had ice.  It's right next door.  The concierges will offer to have your steward bring it or they will fill it and you just take it back to your cabin.

Note - if there are certain times you want ice, just ask your stewards.  It does melt fast, so you either need to call and request (just press Neptune Lounge) or go and ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Haven't been on every ship in the fleet but the ones I have been on when I did the NS the NL had ice.  It's right next door.  The concierges will offer to have your steward bring it or they will fill it and you just take it back to your cabin.

Note - if there are certain times you want ice, just ask your stewards.  It does melt fast, so you either need to call and request (just press Neptune Lounge) or go and ask.

So, if I understand you correctly, from your observations, there is no ice inside the NL proper, but there is an ice refill station adjacent the NL, similar to the ones the stewards have and use in some (not all) of their HK stations alongside the public corridors. Those stations and machines btw, are not for guests to use, hence the offer by the concierges to have the stewards refill/or fill any requests for ice 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

So, if I understand you correctly, from your observations, there is no ice inside the NL proper, but there is an ice refill station adjacent the NL, similar to the ones the stewards have and use in some (not all) of their HK stations alongside the public corridors. Those stations and machines btw, are not for guests to use, hence the offer by the concierges to have the stewards refill/or fill any requests for ice 

Yes I think you understand me correctly ;

I think it is technically part of the Neptune Lounge where the PG staff go to prep things and clean up.  Not sure if the stewards use it or not, but they probably do.

fully aware they are not for use of passengers 😉. But it's easy to get it refilled at the Neptune Lounge and a less burden on the stewards - especially on the smaller ships when there can be 2 concierges for a small number of cabins 😉

But either way, steward or concierge - ice is not hard to get 😄 

• Thanks 1