Allure Crown Loft - question about noise, soot, velcro

I have been reading some reviews of the Crown Loft Suites on both Allure and Oasis. 

the biggest complaints seemed to be much vibration from being up so high . The L1 suites have few complaints but the L2 also complain of soot, noise from basketball court and lack of privacy. Hoping I may get a Royal UP for our June cruise; can anyone shed some light on the suites - especially the L2. I dont think I want an L2; I like seeing the water and not at a distance!  There were some complaints of everything being velcro attached due to movement. L1 looks nice but is presently $1,800  more than i paid for a GS for the two of us. 

Thanks so much

Dani

I haven’t stayed in the crown loft but have stayed in the Star Loft and were given tours of the crown lofts by our Genie.  (We wanted to see the size difference). We did not feel any vibrations in our suite from being up on deck 17 and actually loved being on that floor.  The convenience of the lounge and coastal kitchen and the quietness of the hallways was a big plus.   I don’t remember anything having Velcro on it, but it doesn’t mean there wasn’t Velcro.

If you want an ocean view you’ll definite want to stay in the L1.  The L2’s do look over the sports deck and their balconies will be nosier and not very private but you don’t hear anything in the room.  Our children like the view from the L2’s but my husband and I like the privacy of the L1’s. 

• Like 1

We have sailed on the Allure/Oasis in 2 L2 and 2 L1, and this upcoming May and June we will once again be in an L1 and L2.

I like the L2 and the DH likes the L1.

We were the second cabin over facing the basketball court.  

We only heard the cries of victory when we were on the balcony.

With the suite door closed, we heard some not many muffled sounds.

Never bothered us.

Privacy?

Not a problem.

Those two story windows and the drapes when closed properly make the cabin dark.

And we loved just being on the balcony people watching.

Velcro??????

Where?  In fact at night when we could go to sleep, the gentleness of the sea, rocked us to sleep.

And there were some nice waves some nights and we did not notice it anymore than being on the Promenade.

Soot.

Never experienced it.

We love the 17th deck.

The privacy of your own, deck.

Closeness to CK and lounge.

Yea were addicted to them.

Enjoy we do.

Safe travels.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just FYI the RoyalUp offers for a Crown Loft do not specify L1 or L2 so you could end up with either one

THANK you for this! I will be sad if I am not able to look down on the ocean. 

May just skip the thought of "Up" and simply book one straight off next time.

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We have sailed on the Allure/Oasis in 2 L2 and 2 L1, and this upcoming May and June we will once again be in an L1 and L2.

I like the L2 and the DH likes the L1.

We were the second cabin over facing the basketball court.  

We only heard the cries of victory when we were on the balcony.

With the suite door closed, we heard some not many muffled sounds.

Never bothered us.

Privacy?

Not a problem.

Those two story windows and the drapes when closed properly make the cabin dark.

And we loved just being on the balcony people watching.

Velcro??????

Where?  In fact at night when we could go to sleep, the gentleness of the sea, rocked us to sleep.

And there were some nice waves some nights and we did not notice it anymore than being on the Promenade.

Soot.

Never experienced it.

We love the 17th deck.

The privacy of your own, deck.

Closeness to CK and lounge.

Yea were addicted to them.

Enjoy we do.

Safe travels.

I have to admit that i did ZERO research as I booked this cruise in a flurry during a blizzard after we had to cancel a February cruise at the last minute. I didnt realize that Royal has this little suite-area on 17 which really puts me in the mind of the NCL Haven  where we have spent our last 8 or so cruises. It sounds amazing and I love being rocked to sleep. Thanks so much!