Back Button Fail

Told a friend about CC. He mentioned that while browsing the topics, the back button did not work. He had to re-hit the categories to get back to a sub topic. I just tried it when not logged in and just browsing as guest and I get the same issue using Firefox Quantum 66.0.2. This is a recent affliction because I have often checked topics while not logged in. Any ideas what might cause this?

Yep. Thanks. The problems is only common to FF when in CC but not logged in. Works good on other pages like AMZN and RV forums I use. Back button works in IE 11 correctly as well as Chrome and Edge regardless of login status. I'll report it on the Mozilla forum. It was irritating but the easy workaround was right click/open in new tab. Stranger things have happened.

Edited by masterdrago

That's a simple trick I did not see. Just for the record, if I run FF in safe-mode (no extensions, etc) the back button works. When in FF default, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and unchecking "use recommended performance settings" but that did not work either. Like I said earlier, it has only begun in the last two updates of FF.

Well, the FF help gurus were able to make some suggestions about adjusting the browser but no amount of running FF in safe-mode, disabling add-ons, extensions or plug-ins made any difference. This only started over the last 2 upgrades over the last week or so. One other suggestion that works is to right click the back arrow and select where to go from the drop down history. It's easy and nearly as efficient. Just weird that only the FF browser is having the issue. Big fan of FF on phone, new laptop and the desktop, so I'll use the workaround for now. Thanks all.