Cab Fares - Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta

I Love Carbs

To the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta  it will be about 100 Pesos in the regular cab which are on the higway not at the cruiseterminal. Always make your price before entering, the same for the return. Those at the cruiseterminal charge US$ 4.- per person, but they can only drop you and not pickup in town.

Citybus will cost Pesos 10 per person per ride.

Uber is also possible but they cannot pickup at the terminal. Walk outside and then book them.

Edited by Ine

In Puerto Vallarta we have found that the cabs outside of the cruise terminal charge about $6USA to get to the beginning of the malecon but a little more to get back from near the bridge over the river.

Definitely discuss price before you get into the taxi.

It is NOT a per person price!

l00 pesos is a good price .

We have not used taxis in Mazatlan to go to the golden zone.

For 2 people we paid USD$10 each way total for both the GZ in Mazatlán and to/from Secrets Resort in PV. In PV we exited the cruise terminal and took a non-white, regular cab. We did have to negotiate the price though in both ports. 

Taxi drivers were asking USD$20 one way for wife and I and we just stuck with telling them USD$10. After they asked three times for more, both drivers agreed on $10. We tipped the drivers in addition. 

This was March 2019. 

Edited by CA_Cruzing

12 hours ago, CA_Cruzing said:

For 2 people we paid USD$10 each way total for both the GZ in Mazatlán and to/from Secrets Resort in PV. In PV we exited the cruise terminal and took a non-white, regular cab. We did have to negotiate the price though in both ports. 

Taxi drivers were asking USD$20 one way for wife and I and we just stuck with telling them USD$10. After they asked three times for more, both drivers agreed on $10. We tipped the drivers in addition. 

This was March 2019. 

Thank you everyone for your replies.  We must remember to negotiate a set fare before getting into the cabs.  Now I have a better idea of the going rate for the cab rides.